[15th July 1800-2100z] Friday Night Fly-In: RIAT Special - Fairford (EGVA), Kemble (EGBP) and Brize Norton (EGVN)

Daniel Button

Hello once again!

After a (somewhat) long hiatus, Friday Night Fly-In is back for another special edition! The Royal International Air Tattoo is on this weekend (if you didn't know) so to celebrate, a few of us will be opening various positions. Details below.

• Aerodromes: Fairford (EGVA), Kemble (EGBP) and Brize Norton (EGVN)
  • Date and Time: 15th July 1800-2000z (or later)
  • Staffed positions: Fairford TWR (EGVA_TWR), Kemble Information (EGBP_I_TWR), Brize Approach (EGVN_APP)
  • Requests or Extra Info: As mentioned, anyone is welcome to staff up adjacent units!
    • Briefing for those who want to simulate the Restricted Airspace and associated routings here: vats.im/riat22
    • Arriving aircraft should make initial contact with Brize Approach (EGVN_APP) on 127.250 and report the ATIS and type of approach requested.
    • Aircraft operating into and out of Kemble can expect to be cleared in/out on a certain route and assigned squawk 3717 (see diagram below).
    • Each route has a colour associated with it, and this colour will be used over RT when the clearance is given eg. "Cleared to enter via the Green route..."
    • Kemble VFR arrivals will be cleared not above 2500ft. Departures will be cleared not above 1500ft. Kemble IFR traffic is unaffected.
      • NB: We will respect those who don't want to simulate these restrictions as they are not official VATSIM-UK procedures, and will coordinate a safe routing for you, between us.
    • We will be using three non-charted VRPs at Fairford for VFR inbounds (see diagram below). These will be Bibury (to the North), Highworth (to the Southeast) and Blakehill Farm (to the Southwest).
    • Fairford VFR aircraft can expect to be cleared not above 2000ft until clear of Fairford MATZ or Brize Controlled Airspace.
    • Aircraft departing Fairford IFR will be given specific departure instructions based on the direction of flight. IFR initial climb will always be FL50.

Kemble VFR Routes

image.png.3e81ae13888794bbc70c638b6311f694.png

Fairford VRPs

image.png.1f4bd6f64b0c242df10bdf4e3a319132.png

Overview of the Brize-Fairford-Kemble Area. Restricted areas outlined in Red. The L-shaped area to the North is for the photoship, which will not be flying during our event unfortunately. Maybe next time!

image.png.6c545e2364ede682a3b9babd4b7798cc.png

Hope to see some of you in the skies! 😃

Edited by Daniel Button
  • Like 1

MSFS Sceneries!

Fairford (EGVA) https://flightsim.to/file/706/egva-raf-fairford-uk

Kemble (EGBP) https://flightsim.to/file/12928/kemble-cotswold-airport-airplane-scrapyard-new-and-improved

Brize Norton (EGVN) https://flightsim.to/file/33957/raf-brize-norton-egvn-uk

Please feel free to add other sceneries for other sims in this topic. I know Boundless has created an exceptional rendition of Kemble for X-Plane 11, but any other XP11 or indeed P3D experts are welcome to share their knowledge!

Thank you (and everyone else) for flying! We were all really happy with the turnout this evening!

Here is a picture of the Flight Strips I recorded on Brize Approach this evening. Almost a full page, which I was well impressed with! See if you can spot yourself!

image.png.3c1803b009d91c070e72ff288afcdea4.png

As always, thank you all for flying! A special thank you to those who participated in the special procedures which we all agreed were very well-received! I will most likely be online on Monday for Departures Day (post to follow), so hopefully I will see a few of you then!

• Like 2