Scottish Tour

Graham Drabble

Graham Drabble

Hi,

Thanks to those that organise the Friday fly-ins. They've been great at getting a good number of GA planes together and having some interesting places open. Suggestion for the summer would be to tour round the various Scottish Island airports whilst they have daylight into the evening (and some chance of VFR conditions!). Thoughts would be

1) Shetland - Sumbrugh App/Twr, Tingwall Info and some A/G on outlying airfields available
2) Orkneys - Wick App/Twr / Kirkwall App/Twr - lots of other airfields but all uncontrolled
3) Hebrides - Stornoway / Benbecula have Twr/App and Barra is FISO with instrument approach
4) SW Scotland - Tiree / Islay are FISO. with instrument approaches; Coll / Colonsay are A/G
5) Central Scotland - Dundee App/Twr  Perth A/G  Fife A/G (the Dundee ILS penetrating the Perth ATZ I can imagine giving fun if there's easterly winds) (and yes; I know this isn't at all Island)

Any interest?

Graham

• Like 1

Sounds good for controlling Graham.

I'd love to see our external weekly friendly flyer club in the UK, fly without infringing controlled airspace...  However, if you are one of the first to receive a contact me, normally the next couple in the sequence get on the radio!