Edward Berkley

Change to EGKK SMR

Edward Berkley

Hello all,

I haven't been controlling in a long time so I downloaded and installed the recent UK controller pack. Gatwick now has what seems to be a closed-off area at the J/N intersection. Is there a way to remove this red shaded area? I'm assuming that people who have Gatwick scenery won't have the restricted area that we have here.

image.png.afc2037d93824921f734ed09e6119edd.png

Regards,

Edward

Edited by Edward Berkley

Robert Ispas

It's because stand 27 and the area surrounding it was under renovation IRL (updated on Airac 2003). 

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to remove it.

Peter Mooney
12 hours ago, Robert Ispas said:

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to remove it.

Well not a nice way like a tick box in ES, but if you really wanted to you could just delete/comment out that region's definition from the sector file, but yeah I wouldn't recommend it unless you had a significant opposition to the colour red appearing on your SMR. (If you do want to, the region is named "Closed_N1_J8_Junction").

You could also uncomment (delete the ";" at the beggining of the relevant lines) the hold lines (under "Start Gatwick (EGKK) Geo") and labels (under "Start Gatwick (EGKK) Labels") if you wanted to re-instate these.

Note: these changes won't persist if you update your sector file, and in general manually messing with the sector file is to be discouraged ?

Edward Berkley

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll stick with it.

Morgan Stone

it is NOTAM'd in real life. Trying to add an added sense of realism, is quite nice having that little addition there in my opinion

E) TWY NOVEMBER IS CLOSED BETWEEN JUNCTIONS WITH TWY ZULU AND TWY NOVEMBER ALPHA AND TWY JULIET BETWEEN ITS JUNCTION WITH TWY PAPA TO WEST OF STAND 28. STAND 27 CLOSED

Dale Brooksby

Edward, see discussion about this on the sector file repository on GitHub here.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Effective 07 November 2019

The following redesignations (without routing change) to STARs inbound to London/Gatwick are made in line with standard ICAO designation happening across the UK:
      TIMBA4B becomes KUNAV1G
      TIMBA2G becomes NEVIL1G
      WILLO1F is withdrawn
      WILLO2H becomes BEDEK1G

The 2019/12 version of the sector file contains these changes; other documentation will be updated in a future AIRAC cycle.
    • Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Effective 12 September 2019

A number of conventional navigation SIDs at Gatwick are rerouted and redesignated:-

LAM5M/5V routing changed from NEXOX to ACORN, turn to LAM now occurs at 10.5 DME from DET (rather than 10 DME). Redesignated LAM6M/6V
      DVR9M/9V routing changed from NEXOX to ACORN redesignated DVR1M/1V
      CLN9M/9V routing changed from NEXOX to ACORN, redesignated CLN1M/1V

The UK Sector File is updated to reflect these changes, other documentation will be updated in the future.
    • Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Effective 23 May 2019
      Stack Swap STAR TIMBA1C is withdrawn
      WILLO3A is re-routed and redesignated as GWC1G
      WILLO4C & WILLO3D are truncated to ABSAV and redesignated as ABSAV1G

These designations are in-line with ICAO standard formatting.

The UK Sector File & Documentation will be updated in a future cycle with these updates.
    • Harry Sugden
      By Harry Sugden
      Hi all, particularly those who control Gatwick,
      I have been on London a few times in the last weeks where controllers have asked pilots if they are able to accept the new NOVMA departure which replaced both the conventional and RNAV KENET SIDs from runway 26L. Can I please ask that if they are unable (due to an out of date AIRAC), that you do not then route aircraft via SAM SIDs instead, as having filed a KENET, this take them in a completely different direction? If they only have the old KENET for 26L, KENET is fine.
      08R is of course a different story, since KENET conventional SIDs still exist, but not the RNAV (#KENET1Z). So if someone has the IMVUR1Z departure, this has preference over both the old KENET and SAM SIDs. If they do not have the IMVUR departure, please clear on either KENET or SAM.
      There have also been some changes to CLN->FRANE too.
      May I also suggest that if the SID is no longer published on charts, it might be pertinent to remind the pilot of the initial climb restriction for the old SID? (It will be the same as the new one)
      In sum:
      Filed Routing
      Active Runway
      New Routing
      New SID
      New SID not available (i.e. not updated AIRAC)? Leave route as filed, then clear on…
      CLN
      26L
      CLN DCT LEDBO M604... becomes ->
                   FRANE M604...
      CLN L620 REDFA... becomes ->
                   FRANE M604 GASBA M197 REDFA...
      CLN P44 SOMVA... becomes ->
                   FRANE M604 PAAVO Q295 SOMVA...
      FRANE1X
      CLN9M
      08R
      FRANE1Z