John Cardiff

Edinburgh general aviation apron.

John Cardiff

At Edinburgh does anyone know where the general aviation apron is now they have set new aprons across the old runway?

Even in the real world?

John Cardiff

Trevor Hannant

There isn't one - all GA is now PPR via handling agent Signature who will work out where to accommodate them subject to what else is due into the airport at the time.  I would imagine that they'd be sent to the Turnhouse/East Aprons depending on availability

Dale Brooksby

In system at work see most of the GA stuff being put on stands 34 area of the southeast apron. Turnhouse apron isn't used too often due to the weight restrictions of the surface. Pretty much park it where there's a free stand, same as all scheduled services. Airlines don't use specific stands anymore these days at EDI.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Daniel Kurt
      By Daniel Kurt
      Currently, if you select the Scottish FIR in Euroscope, it will populate with:
      EGPH_APP
      EGPH_F_APP
      EGPH_GND
      EGPH_TWR
      Not so long ago, EGPH got a delivery position, as seen on NATS aerodrome charts. [also shown on the vatsim uk website]
      This is not the problem, as you can still manually change your callsign. However, if you change your callsign to "EGPH_DEL" it will let you log on as a controller, but you won't be able to select the active runways in use at EGPH, thus you won't have an arrival or departure list.
      I have tried to logon with the facility ground and callsign EGPH_DEL, but that also does not work, so I'm running out of options now.

• Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Effective 26 March 2020

Edinburgh Delivery is added, frequency: 121.980. Due to 8.33 kHz limitations, we will use 121.970 on VATSIM.

Audio for VATSIM and the UK Sector File have these changes since 2020/04; further documentation updates will take place in the future.
    • Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Effective 06 December 18

From the effective date a frequency monitoring code is established at Edinburgh. Those pilots tuned to 121.200 may squawk 0440 when outside the Edinburgh CTA/CTR and not in reciept of an flight information service or when no other code is provided my air traffic control when recieving a service. Controllers are informed that this code may not be used to validate or verify aircraft as it may be used by mutliple aircraft.

Edinburgh documentation will be updated in a future update to detail these changes.
    • Simon Howroyd
      By Simon Howroyd
      Hello all,
      Long time no see, don't worry I will be back very soon not that the PhD is almost finished!
      I have been tasked with planning a charity flight for my local RAF Air Cadet Squadron where we have a sim setup on P3Dv3. The [current] plan is to fly the IRIS Grob 115E Tutor from East Mids to Hong Kong... yes really. 36hrs ish not including refuelling!
      This is very early stages at the moment so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. In particular navigating over Russia and Mongolia is going to be rather challenging; the VORs and NDBs are rather sparse (no real usable GNSS on the Grob so assume radio nav.)
      Cadets will be flying the aircraft in shifts for the ~36hrs ish with a few staff helping out too. I hope to have them at a standard good enough to fly on VatSim and have some sort of live tracker for those who have donated or are generally interested, maybe a webcam/livestream too.
      The plan is to do the flight over a Sat/Sun some time in late summer. I'll be publicising widely when plans are more firm for anyone who wants to join up on our wing or provide some ATC.
      Sub to this post if you want to be kept updated!
      Cheers
      Simon
      Route first guess:
      EGNX OTR VES EKBI JON ESSA PIR EFSA ULPB KTL UUYY UY USHH USNN BA UNEE ABK KZL ZMBH ZMDZ DKO ZLXY YIH CSX ZGHA SMT VHHH

• Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Effective 27 April 2018

Runway 12/30 has been withdrawn from use. The approach procedures and SIDs pertaining to this runway have been removed.

Some documentation still refers to this runway, but this will shortly be updated to reflect the current situation.