Allan Davies

UK Controller Plugin 1.2.1

Allan Davies

Has anyone had any issues with the UK Controller Plugin? 

Following the instructions on the website ( https://community.vatsim.uk/files/downloads/file/215-uk-controller-plugin/ ) it asks to move the UKControllerPlugin.dll file (downloaded in Step One) to /Data/Plugins within your UK Sector File folder.  -

I no plugins folder in my directory for Euroscope. 

Does anyone know exactly where i should place it?

1.png

Fixed this issue. 

Edited by Allan Davies
missed pic

Andy Ford

Ultimately, you can place it wherever you want, it doesn't require being in a specific place.

VATUK recommends keeping it in UK/Data/Plugins folder (create the folder yourself if it's not there already) as it just keeps all the UK-related EuroScope configuration together 🙂

Harley Mulholland

How does the squawk code allocation work using this plugin? 

Andy Ford
3 hours ago, Harley Mulholland said:

How does the squawk code allocation work using this plugin? 

The plugin sends off some data about the aircraft to a web api (similarly to VCA, I believe), the web API then uses a number of rules based on the origin and destination and other UK-specific rules to generate a squawk. The plugin gets this squawk from the API and assigns it to the aircraft.

Squawk code allocation can be force-refreshed through the TAG items, or under certain circumstances it will happen automatically - e.g. when a controller is deemed to be "responsible" for a particular airfield or when they track an airborne aircraft.