Wannabee controller needs help with EuroScope Installation

Kevin Townsend

Kevin Townsend

I'm looking for some handholding in installing the Vatsim Euroscope.
I'm reasonable computer savvy. This is my second attempt after a few years relaxation after my first attempt.

I have tried to follow the instruction on the Vatsim site and the install pdf. I've searched here on the forum but simply find myself in a hole due to my perception of missing lines of instructions.

I started my historic Euroscope (2017 maybe) which is now v3.2 - There was an update flag for UK Controller Plugin v5.2.1, which it updates....
However it is [ Unable to load the UKControllerPluginCore.dll (Please contact the Vatsim UK Web Services Dept) ].
This routine occurs every time I start the program.

The App opens, Centred on EGLF (A choice I possibly made 1st time round).

I appear to now have 2 Euroscope shortcuts linking to:
\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope\UK\Data\Plugins and
\Documents\EuroScope\ - This does not have a UK directory.

Advise to read the readme file discovers only a README.md file which talks of "fork the repo" "Clone the project", "Run CMake" so I know this is a red herring...
Advise to Unzip the uk-controller-plugin-5.2.1 directly into the \Documents\Euroscope\ folder has created a blank EuroScope screen (also many incorrect file locations...

I guess I should uninstall and start again, but I have little confidence that I will find adequate installation instructions online...
I am on Discord if anyone has the time or inclination.
thanks all

This picture shows the x86 directory on the left and the Documents\EuroScope directory on the right

snip_20220428151824.png

Edited by Kevin Townsend
wrong picture

Thomas Mills

Hi Kevin - do you have Discord? If so the #euroscope_help channel in the VATSIM UK Discord might be the best place to get help, as it's much more conducive to conversation. If not, just let me know and I can support you here.

Tom

Kevin Townsend

Thanks Tom I'll try the Channel you recommend.

I have been helped by Rusty, but it is slow going........
A review, I suggest is due.
Every time I start EuroScope I'm advised there is a new version of the UK Controller Plugin v5.2.1
to update it, It confirms the update, but then is Unable to load the dll, and I should contact the Vatsim UK Web Services Dept.
Giving Errno: 0 Last Error: 126
It automatically opens https://vatsim-uk.github.io/uk-controller-plugin/UserGuide/Changelog/Changelog.html
I must say, that the install and setup (in my case) is confused by dual locations of my Document folder, one on the pc and one on the OneDrive.....

I'll continue on Discord, so thanks again

Kev