Correct VPILOT Type Code for MD-11F on VATSIM

Greg Sexton

Greg Sexton

Hi all,

I have recently started flying the PMDG MD11 on VATSIM (The FEDEX MD-11F version).

When I log in via VPILOT in the drop down box search only 2 MD-11 Versions are listed, being the BOEING MD-11 and the MCDONNELL DOUGLAS MD-11, both listed as type code MD11 in VPILOT.  This is what I had previously entered.  However, a controller questioned this when I was flying in the UK. He mentioned I should have submitted the code M1F to specify my Aircraft type rather than MD11 which I was previously using.

Having done some research since, rightly or wrongly I have come to the conclusion the IATA type designator is "M1F" and the ICAO code is "MD11". Can you please confirm which of these I should be entering into VPILOT when I connect?

Thanks

Greg

Robert Terrace

Vatsim uses the ICAO code system for aircraft ID, so, in this case, using MD11 is the correct way, and will allow model matching to correctly show your aircraft type to other users.

Using FDX as your flight number identifier, will show the correct livery, as a FedEx MD11-F.

• Like 1