[TRIAL] VATATIS - New ATIS Generation System

Luke Brown

Gareth Wright

Hi,

New ATIS working well for me, but no Voice ATIS working.  Not sure if that's my set up, or the new service.  Has anyone else had any joy?

Cheers,

Gareth

Thomas Mills
On 18/08/2021 at 11:22, Gareth Wright said:

Hi,

New ATIS working well for me, but no Voice ATIS working.  Not sure if that's my set up, or the new service.  Has anyone else had any joy?

Cheers,

Gareth

Voice is provided by AFV - it can be hit and miss on any ATIS system unfortunately, it's a known issue and I believe it's being looked into

When there is a surge in connections to the network, the ATIS’ will be the first to be booted off voice to allow more room for users. 

Edited by Fraser Cooper

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the run up to Cross the Pond, the trial has been expanded to include Heathrow. Please feel free to use the VATATIS url at Heathrow. Any issues, please post here or on the VATATIS discord.

Thanks,

Luke

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is still going. I use it most places.

Curious thing at Heathrow though, yesterday this wind was very much favouring 27, so we were using 27R for arrivals. People were confused by the ATIS which declared that there would be a runway change at 1500z to runway 09L instead of the correct 27L...

John Cardiff

Once I had been set to runway 27L at 1500z, the ATIS was back to normal without the warning.

Once I had been set to runway 27L at 1500z, the ATIS was back to normal without the warning.