Is this flight plan correct?

Julian Diamandis

Julian Diamandis
Posted (edited)

Hello again, I did my first flight for over a year. My flights have been too infrequent. I need to do a lot more flights now that I have a new machine and have got P3DV5 and the NGXu. So I'm doing some short flight to test everything out.

I used PFPX to plan a flight and it got rejected by ATC. So I think I'm never going to use it again as it is causing lots of problems.

I had a look at simbreif and it gave me this flight plan from EGJJ to EGKK. Is this flight plan correct and userble? 

ORIS1C ORIST Y110 VEXEN L980 ABSAV ABSA1G.  I haven't seen this STAR into Gatwick before?

Thank you

Edited by Julian Diamandis
Trevor Hannant

That route is one out of the Standard Route Document which can be found on the NATS website here:

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=186&Itemid=258.html

Some of the STARs around Gatwick have been changing (not a Gatwick expert) so this may be one of the new ones...

• Like 1
Kieran Hardern
Posted (edited)

ABSAV 1G is indeed valid for your route, but it's not a very common arrival.

If interested, the reason is (with the exception of EGJJ traffic) anything via ORIST to EGKK above FL105 has to file via L982, which will take the traffic to VASUX and the VASUX1G arrival. I assume this is to keep the traffic within r/w Sector 22. We don't have a split of those 2 sectors on VATSIM, so it doesn't really matter if someone files to ABSAV incorrectly, however most people correctly chose VASUX.

Edited by Kieran Hardern
  • Like 1
Julian Diamandis
Posted (edited)

Well I flew the route and nobody complained. So thanks for you helps.  My RT was a bit rusty but I was finished another flight. 

RYR2967 flying from EGJJ to EGKK is not a realistic flight, but fictionalising a journey is needed to avoid really long flights. 

Edited by Julian Diamandis

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Janet Kino
      By Janet Kino
      I was practicing checking flight plans, and for a flight from EGPH to EDDB I discovered something I don't understand.  I'm sure there is some special rule that covers it.  The non-UK portion of the route was LAMSO DCT EVELI DCT OSN L980 HLZ P12 BATEL T207 OGBER.  Validating the route through the NOP portal, if flown at FL300 down to FL260 (since cruising below FL260, once you leave UK airspace, is not allowed), you had to descend to FL240 or lower at HLZ to meet the requirements of P12, BUT if you flew above FL300 you until BATEL to start you descent.  What is special about FL300 over that portion of Europe?
    • Jack Edwards
      By Jack Edwards
      VATSIM Special Operations Partner Organisations have approval to use Special Use Airspace on the VATSIM network. In order to minimise disruption, VATSIM UK provides a facility for these organisations to NOTAM this airspace as active. The use of this facility is agreed in the VATSIM UK - vRAF Letter of Agreement.
      This thread replaces an older thread in the discussion section of the forum. It is located here to maximise visibility for UK Controllers and allow SOA members to post in it. It is extant until a replacement system is devised.
      Guidelines:
      This thread is for NOTAMs only, not discussion; NOTAMs relate to virtual activity on the VATSIM network only; Expired NOTAMs/discussion will be hidden by moderators to maximise visibility of relevant/current NOTAMs; A simplified NOTAM format is used, please see the samples below. Example:
      Q) - FIR that the NOTAM effects (EGPX/EGTT/EGXX), EGXX indicates that the NOTAM affects both FIRs
      B) - the starting date in yy/mm/dd format and starting time in UTC
      C) - the ending date in yy/mm/dd format and ending time in UTC
      E) - the area being activated and/or the activity taking place
      LOWER - lower vertical limit of the airspace activated
      UPPER - upper vertical limit of the airspace activated
      Note: the available vertical limits can be found in ENR 5.1 of the UK eAIP.

Blank Template:
      Q)
      B) FROM:
      C) TO:
      E)
      LOWER:
      UPPER:

Relevant UK Special Use Airspace:
       Managed Danger Areas Air-to-Air Refuelling Areas (AARAs)
    • Walter Hakios
      By Walter Hakios
      Hello
      I am new to Vatsim UK. Where can I find VFR Charts for the UK region?
      Thanks for help!
    • Roger Harris
      By Roger Harris
      At FL90, who should I be talking to?
      IFR on airway L8

• Chris Jones
      By Chris Jones
      Hi, Is there a piece of software which will automatically generate the route and remarks information for the flight plan form? Thanks