[Controller] Gatwick (EGKK) --> Innsbruck (LOWI) Group Flight

William Brushfield

Thought I would share a few pictures from the group flight from Gatwick, which bought in 70 concurrent departures 

PIC2.PNG

pic3.PNG

pic4.PNG

pic5 68 deps.PNG

pic7.PNG

PIC8.PNG

pic9.PNG

• Like 3

Looks epic! We'd never have even been able to dream of that many departures a few years ago 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Amazing! - once again HUGE thanks to all controllers that controlled for my group flight... I didn't quite expect that many people to join on that one! - I had spoke to some controllers before the group flight to see if they fancied booking with the expectation of about 20 people joining us... defo not 70+ 😛

Next Bank Holiday... 3 weeks away... 100+ deps?😁

J

Edited by Jamie Paine
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rick Maclure
      By Rick Maclure
      My thanks to Darren Hill on Approach and Dave Etheridge on Tower for their professionalism in getting me safely in to Manchester today.
      Earlier  in the day I departed Alicante on a beautiful clear day inbound to Leeds-Bradford. On my first approach to Leeds, I noticed I had developed flap asymmetry and to make matters worse it was gusting beyond crosswind limits right across RWY 32.
      After holding (for too long)  at LBA pondering options, I determined that a diversion was needed.
      EGCC had runways pointing in the necessary direction 😀 AND was fully staffed! Unfortunately. my first approach to 23R was a go-around due to traffic on the active. Fuel was now very critical and I communicated this to both Approach and Tower who gave me priority for the second approach.
      As it turned out, the landing was uneventful although I think my brakes may need to be inspected at a local Kwikfit outlet.
      Shaking slightly, I took this screenshot as I shut down at Stand 22. On fumes...

Darren's and Dave's professionalism made the flight on Vatsim such an immersive experience. Many thanks gents.

Rick Maclure (Channex 327)