New setup as observer. cant see any aircraft on the dround

Mohamed Tawfik

Mohamed Tawfik
  •  

Hi Everyone,

I have installed Euroscope 3.2 with UK controler pack and also UK controler plugin and after watching a few tutorials on youtube, I cant see any aircraft on the ground after opening an airport SMR. I can see aircraft in the UK sector but not after opening gatwick SMR

I have followed all the steps in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVAYN1SOvKw&t=437s

I have taken the following steps and any guide is much appreciated.

1. Install Euroscope
  2. copy UK Controler pack to Documents\EuroScope
  3. Load UK Controler plugin
  4. open Sector and select UK_2020_13 from Documents\EuroScope\UK\Data\Sector
  5. open Gatwick SMR.asr from Documents\EuroScope\Data\ASR\Gatwick
  6. Connect to Vatsim
  7. select airport from runway icon and to show all active flight
  8. type .vis EGKK
  9. Set the filter to also show standby aircraft

I can see aircraft in departuer but not aircraft on the ground.

Many Thanks

ES.JPG

Please reinstall the controller pack.

It contains a PDF explaining how to install. As changes have been made, this video is no longer relevant.

It appears that EuroScope has failed to load a few things, to track exactly what it hasn't loaded, I would need to see the system messages in the "Message" channel.

Mohamed Tawfik

Thanks Luke,

I have followed the instructions in the PDF and also on VATSIM UK on installing the plugin as below.

1. Move the UKControllerPlugin.dll file (downloaded in Step One) to /Data/Plugins within your UK Sector File folder.
  2. Open EuroScope.
  3. Click Other Set, then Plugins.
  4. Click "Load" on the dialog that opens.
  5. Select the UKControllerPlugin.dll file from the /Data/Plugins directory.
  6. A warning will appear, press OK.
  7. The plugin will then ask you to find the key file that you downloaded in Step Two. Find it and click Open.
  8. Select the UK Controller Plugin from the list of plugins and move "Standard ES Radar Screen" from forbidden to allowed in the section below.
  9. Click close - the UK Controller Plugin has now been installed!
  10. Typed .vis EGKK

ES 2.JPG

ES 3.JPG

ES 4.JPG

Edited by Mohamed Tawfik
Typo

The controller plugin is now included in the controller pack and is set up, there should be no need to load the plugin manually. It will however ask for your key if you have never used it before.

Have you registered your key on the website?

If not then please delete the "ukcp" folder in your Documents\EuroScope folder. You then need to register a key here

When EuroScope loads again, it will ask for your key, which you will have downloaded from the website.

Edited by Luke Brown

The way the radar looks indicates something hasn't worked.

Again, The "message" channel would indicate what has failed. Are you able to go onto it and then Other SET->Copy chat to clipboard and paste the results here?

Edited by Luke Brown

I don't think you are selecting a profile, looks like you are opening the sector file directly.

Click OTHER SET -> Untick Auto Load Last Profile on Startup and Auto Save Profile

Close Euroscope and save all changes.

When you reopen ES, it will ask you to open a profile, find Gatwick then Ground / Combined / Tower.

Edited by Fraser Cooper

Mohamed Tawfik

Many Thanks for all your Help.

I have managed to get it to work.

1. opening EuroScope and Untick Auto Load Last Profile on Startup and Auto Save Profile
  2. Close EuroScope
  3. Open Euroscope and select Gatwick ground from Documents\EuroScope\UK\Gatwick\Gatwick SMR. insted of Documents\EuroScope\UK\Data\ASR\Gatwick.

Really apprtechiate all your help and Happy New Year .

Mohamed

ES.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sigh... I have followed the instruction in the PDF and placed the UK folder in Roaming/Euroscope. Have updated the plugin and have the key. Typed ".vis EGKK" but still cannot see any aircraft on map. Any ideas? Cheers

4.png

4.png

Edited by Mark Tunkara

The vSMR plugin is not loaded - not sure why as it should be by default and it looks like you have the current version of the controller pack?

To fix, go to OTHER SET -> Plugins... If vSMR is not present in the list of plugins, click on Load and browse the UK\Data\Plugin\vSMR folder and select vSMR.dll.

The UKCP plugin isn't loaded either by the look of it

Edited by Michael Pike

• 3 months later...
Gabriel Vieira

i need help with my euroscope, i have watched already the video about and still doesnt work my active runways arent showing up, the voice channels arent showing up. Anybody know whats wrong? 

ffr.PNG

kkk.PNG

Edited by Gabriel Vieira