ipaddr.txt file

Robin Meads

Hello

Would it be possible to put the current ipaddr.txt file on the downloads page ? It was help solve problems if it was there and kept up to date.

I have had to re-install Euroscope and it is refusing to create this file, probably because the content of the only one I have been able to find on the internet is wrong.

errors 2 - Euroscope Rmeads.jpg

Hi Robin,

The reason Euroscope cannot create the file is most likely because of a permissions issue. Check that you have allowed Euroscope through any antivirus software you have. You could also try running it as an administrator to see if it fixes your issue. 

There is no point simply downloading this file. For one reason, it is supposed to be automatically generated by Euroscope. Also, if changes to the server IP addresses are made, your downloaded file will not update with the changes. 

43 minutes ago, Adam Turner said:

Hi Robin,

The reason Euroscope cannot create the file is most likely because of a permissions issue. Check that you have allowed Euroscope through any antivirus software you have. You could also try running it as an administrator to see if it fixes your issue. 

There is no point simply downloading this file. For one reason, it is supposed to be automatically generated by Euroscope. Also, if changes to the server IP addresses are made, your downloaded file will not update with the changes. 

I used to have this problem before @Robin Meads the advice above is +1 from me. Worked for me last year. 

Thanks Ross.

Have tried to run it as Administrator, still errors

Then put http://cluster.data.vatsim.net & www.euroscope.hu in my AVG exceptions. Still the same errors

On accessing the cluster site, it sees that there are 9 vatsim servers, but on the next line it says it is unable to create the file.

Until I tried to upgrade to the beta 25 it was all working perfectly !

3 minutes ago, Robin Meads said:

Thanks Ross.

Have tried to run it as Administrator, still errors

Then put http://cluster.data.vatsim.net & www.euroscope.hu in my AVG exceptions. Still the same errors

On accessing the cluster site, it sees that there are 9 vatsim servers, but on the next line it says it is unable to create the file.

Until I tried to upgrade to the beta 25 it was all working perfectly !

Very interesting...

I'm happy it's sorted though! 

Hi Ross. Not sorted. I still get the errors and the problems have only arisen because I tried to upgrade to beta 25. Am wondering if I uninstall the lot, do I have to install the original v3.2 and the install the 3.25 on top of it, or do I just install the 3.25 on its own ?

If re-install does not work, then I think I will forget about the beta version.

I seem to have thanked Ross and not Adam - sorry ! Am still looking for the solution

Those 2 files are created by ES at load time in the folder ES is running in (should be ...Documents/EuroScope).

I suggest you delete any file that is there with those names.

Make sure you are running ES by clicking on the shortcut and that the shortcut has its properties set to "Start in " your Documents\EuroScope folder.

If you have reinstalled then yes you need to install the base version first (ES3.2) then patch it with the beta (ES3.2r25). If you suspect r25, r23 is also available from the euroscope.hu website.

Hopoe you can resolove it.

Your error message indicates it is running in the right folder - maybe there is a file there owned by a different user which is preventing ES from overwriting it.???

Thanks Michael

I have uninstalled everything, then re-installed the 3.2 in the Documents/Euroscope folder, then installed the .23 beta in the same folder instructing it to overwrite duplicates. I still get the same errors; so I uninstalled again and just re-installed the 3.2 by itself and that works, so I am just going to have to run the basic and not bother with the betas