vSMR Plugin SMR Display Issue

Matthew Whitmore

Matthew Whitmore

Hi,

I have installed the vSMR plugin and followed instructions on the wiki, but unless I am on my saved "New SMR Display" it won't work. I have tried typing .vis EGLL but it doesn't make any difference. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Have you changed the ICAO code in the top left to EGLL? I had this issue when I first used it.

I think it's set to LFPG by default.

Edited by Daniel Button

Sam Collins

Hi Matthew, i might be able to help as we use vSMR for quite some time as default in my home vACC. I dont know where the fourm post you mention is so i dont know if it has this. Have you made the required edit in the .asr file to change its display type. instructions are availible on ther wiki at https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/wiki/Setting-up-the-ground-radar

~sam

Edited by Sam Collins
signiture

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I think you might be saying that vSMR doesn't automatically load unless you are in a new "SMR Display" which you have then saved. If that is the case then that is correct. The original SMRs in the controller pack are not configure for vSMR. On my Euroscope, I have created a vSMR and then change the file that the F1+x shortcut is pointing to to my new SMR. You can do this from page 2 of your Other SET -> General Settings page.

The other option is to make the edit in the ASR file as Sam mentions.

Edited by Luke Peters

Matthew Whitmore

Hi guys thank you for your replies.

Yes I have made the edit in the .asr file but it still doesn't work.  I have loaded the plugin, then I have gone to open sector/New SMR radar display/then saved it. I then tytped in EGLL into the grey bar at the top, and hit enter. Then when I go to EGLL SMR it still shows the default aircraft?

Matthew

Edited by Matthew Whitmore

4 minutes ago, Matthew Whitmore said:

I have gone to open sector/New SMR radar display/then saved it

You should be doing this to ASR files that exist in the UK controller pack, not creating new ones. Load a profile that used that ASR file and load the plugin in that profile. Then you should bring up the existing ASR file with the SMR layout up and change the ICAO in the grey bar.

Edited by Nick Marinov

Matthew Whitmore

Thank you so much for all your help,

Sam, I have downloaded your asr file and loaded it into euroscope then loaded the plugin folder and typed in EGLL into the grey bar. I then logged on the to network. I am really sorry because it is probably just me being dumb but it still won't show any aircraft at all now. Thank you so much for your help.

Matthew