Daniel Coppin

atc-training How to start getting lessons to be a controller.

Daniel Coppin

I was wondering if I needed to request to be put on the waiting list to become a new controller and everything I would need to do.

I have to no moodles or any tests. Please can I get some help or guidance to becoming a controller.

Thanks

Fergus Walsh

Hi Daniel,

The OBS -> S1 process is explained on our website. If you have any issues with the CT System, or need any extra help getting setup, please let us know!

The next stage is to attend an Introduction to ATC Seminar (OBS_PT1). We usually run a Seminar every month and at varying times to allow as many people to attend as possible. The next Seminar hasn't been scheduled yet. Once you are eligible to attend a Seminar, you will be emailed with joining instructions on how to attend.
All the best,

Fergus

@Daniel Coppin

Daniel Coppin

Ok thanks I guess when you click on login to the Central Training System that's where I will see available ones

Paul Robson

I think you've done the required bit as you're on this forum.

There are videos on youtube, material to read, and you can connect as an Observer prior to this and watch controllers on Euroscope and/or a Flight Simulator. Might be fun to do both at the same time :) No harm in getting ahead of the game a bit ;-)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sam Hudson
      By Sam Hudson
      Hey! I am curious when the next introductory group seminar may be held? Are they regular?
    • Kieran Harvey
      By Kieran Harvey
      Hello,
      I have just signed up as a new controller, but on the CTS I think it shows me as a "Visiting Controller" which is incorrect.
      I have also not recieved any email confirming entry into the group etc.
      Am a bit confused as to what I have done or am supposed to be doing, any help appreciated.
    • Deniz Ozdil
      By Deniz Ozdil
      Hello everyone,
      With the current backlog on S2 training wouldn't it not help reduce the waiting times. For one people would be able to self teach which would teach students the theory aspect of things and allow mentoring sessions to be more about applying that theory into practice which would decrease waiting times as students will not need to learn the theory during mentoring sessions.
      I am not sure if there is a S2 Moodle Course in the making but I think it would be very helpful.
      Deniz Ozdil,
    • Steve Riley
      By Steve Riley
      Just realised after I posted this question in the approach training  forum it would only get to the training  group and not the wider audience. 

On non precision approaches should we be offering or if asked give the pilots a procedural service as they are flying a pre determined procedure as per chart, even though they are in controlled airspace. 

had one answer with the answer basically no 
      my reply was ..... so there are no airfields in the UK that offer this service. 
      I was wondering do I need to  spend time read on this as I’m doing my approach training 

• Taylor Bayley
      By Taylor Bayley
      I apologize for asking the question that is likely trivial and explained somewhere in the vMATS that I've managed to skillfully miss whilst reading over it. In any case, maximum flight levels to different places (from Gatwick, in my specific case)! Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that I can add to the mass of PDFs I have when controlling, or a logical ruleset based on direction that I am just not party to?
      Obviously over time I commit a few frequent ones to memory (I do hope they start coming up in these endless weekly pub quizzes at the moment so I can suddenly jump up and say 290 when they finally ask what the maximum FL to schipol is, but given so far the anatomy questions my family rope me in for have yet to be more complex than the number of bones in the body, I am not optimistic), but I do my best to avoid being the irritating GMC controller that clears invalid FPs for a poor CTR controller with a far higher workload to have to pick up and correct and then spend time educating me, so knowing how I can find them for myself would probably aid in this regard. Of course, it's equally possible that there are only a couple of airports where maximum flight levels apply, but that would be equally useful to know.
      So that's my 1am question, any input is appreciated - take care everybody!