Ben Wright

event - city pair [11th July 1100-1300z] Miami Vice

Ben Wright

Hi Guys,

As some of you may be aware, we recently held a poll on the forums to see which long haul destination the community wanted to visit. Heathrow to Miami was the winner, and as such we're excited to announce "Miami Vice" on the 11th of July, in partnership with the Miami vARTCC and sponsored by LatinVFR! It's time to bring out the retro liveries as we jet back to the late 80's - join us from 1100-1300z as we depart Heathrow in search of warmer weather! We will be utilising our event booking system for pilots, you choose one of 72 departure times and we provide your route!

The event bookings system will be going live here on Sunday the 28th of July at 1600z - all pilots with a booking will receive a 20% discount code for LatinVFR's Miami v5 scenery via email!

All pilots are requested to read the Heathrow, Shanwick, and Gander pilot briefing here, and the NY Oceanic Briefing here. This applies even if you don't have an event booking as it contains important information.

We've spoken to VATeir, Gander Oceanic, and New York Oceanic who have kindly provided atlantic coverage for the flight to Miami, as well as help with route planning.

We hope you'll enjoy!

Controllers please note that this will be a rostered event, with an expression of interest appearing soon.

1064679566_MiamiVice.png.5504b4cf5d8b6463dff1b42f139638ea.png

Edited by Ben Wright
Pilot guides added

Louie Lister

Damn this has thrown me back to the GTA Vice City days..

Fergus Walsh

Does this mean Heathrow is no longer single?!

Sebastian Wheeler

I’m just hoping she’s found a man for this one... @Fergus Walsh

Daniel Blanco
14 minutes ago, Louie Lister said:

Damn this has thrown me back to the GTA Vice City days..

Haha ikr

Kye Taylor

nortyyyyyy

Ben Wright

The flight bookings will go live this Sunday at 1600z - link in the event description!

Harry Sugden

And the award for the hottest banner, leading to a sold out event in 24 hours, goes to our man @Ben Wright 🙏🙌

Ben Wright
16 minutes ago, Harry Sugden said:

And the award for the hottest banner, leading to a sold out event in 24 hours, goes to our man @Ben Wright 🙏🙌

I believe the correct adjective is “norty”

Should be a good event though, looking forward to it!

Robbie Garrett

If anyone makes a video. Rolls me back to Flash FM on VC 😉

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Loui Ringer
      By Loui Ringer
      Evening,
      As you would have seen with the General Aviation based events and Miami Vice, we are always trying to keep the community involved with events. We are holding a City Pair with Dutch VACC on Sunday 19th September and would like YOU to help us decide what two UK airfields to use, pick from
      Edinburgh and Glasgow Manchester and Liverpool Bristol and Cardiff Vote using this form.
      May the best pair win
      Loui & Ben
    • Andre Almeida
      By Andre Almeida
      VATéir and the Portugal vACC are thrilled to welcome you to another city pair, this time between our two capitals, Dublin and Lisbon! On the 12th July, enjoy a sunset arrival over the 25 de Abril Bridge into Lisbon, or a beautiful arrival over the Irish Sea into Dublin. Both airfields will be staffed between 16 - 21z, so there should be just enough time for you to fly a return flight as well. We're looking forward to welcoming you to both Dublin and Lisbon, and hope you enjoy our ATC!

Routes
      LPPT-EIDW: INBOM DCT PINEK DCT ADVAT T290 GELPO DCT JABEX DCT MAPAG DCT SUTEX
      EIDW-LPPT: OLONO DCT MAPAG DCT LASNO T9 BEGAS DCT PINEK DCT XAMAX
    • Loui Ringer
      By Loui Ringer
      On Sunday 26th July 2020, VATSIM UK and VATeir bring back the long anticipated London Heathrow - Dublin City Pair.
      This route connects two of Western Europe's largest hubs together on Europe's busiest air route.
      Full ATC coverage will be provided from 1730z-2100z, and with the help of you, to light up the skies above Britain and the Irish Sea.
      We are sure that you'll have a great time, no matter how many kegs of Guinness are in the cargo hold, drunk passengers in the cabin or laps of the BNN hold.
      Routes: 
      EGLL - EIDW:
      CPT UL9 KENET N14 PEMOB M17 VATRY UMLAT T418 WELIN T420 TNT UL28 LELDO M145 BAGSO (09R) ULTIB T420 TNT UL28 LELDO M145 BAGSO EIDW-EGLL:
      DEXEN UY124 MOGTA UY53 NUGRA LIFFY Q37 MALUD Q38 NUGRA **Controllers, please note that this will be a rostered event and CTS bookings will not be valid. We will be rostering 15 minutes before the event start time and 30 minutes after**
    • Trevor Hannant
      By Trevor Hannant
      Hello there!
      Thank you for visiting the VATSIM UK Forum to advertise your event. Before you do, please read and comply with the following to ensure that this area remains clear and consistent.
      Title format [Day Month Time] Title e.g. [7th July 1800-2100z] Ibiza Overload
      Use the UK date format (Day before month) Use the full month name (i.e. December, not Dec) Remove colons from event times (i.e.  1800-2100z, not 18:00-21:00z) Include a hyphen between the event times Include a "z" to indicate that the time is in Zulu Capitalise the first letters of the month and title Post content
      Centre the main image Use the standard VATSIM UK Forum font One post per week (see below) Please don't
      Post recurring events (e.g. "Every Sunday"), unless approved by the Marketing Director "Hijack" another event's thread to promote your own event - feel free to link to another on your own thread Thank you for your help!
      If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via the Helpdesk here.