Uk controller Pack

Alexander Walter

Alexander Walter

Hi,

I have downloaded the uk Controller plugin as well as my key. And entered that accordingly into euroscope. But i do not have the file fore icao airports and icao airlines!

Any Help would be great!

Alex

Do you not have a folder "Documents/Euroscope/DataFiles"?   Did you install ED then copy a beta version's files over the top of those in your Program Files/Euroscope folder?

Alexander Walter

i downloaded the beta version. what is ED supposed to mean?

Edited by Alexander Walter

Sorry - fat fingers was meant to be ES (Euroscope).   Did you download the main Euroscope installer (file called EuroScopeSetup32.msi) and run that first before putting the Beta files in there?   If not, you've not installed it as the Beta files overwrite the default installation.

If you didn't download and run that file first, do that then copy the Beta files in.

I think you've misunderstood a bit Trevor.

The ICAO_Airlines, ICAO Aircraft and ICAO_Airports.txt files aren't provided by VATSIM UK. There is also icao.txt, airway.txt and isec.txt.

You have two options.

Option 1: If you subscribe to navigraph FMS data, you can get the FSNavigator format to install into the \Documents\EuroScope\Datafiles Folder. You'll then have to move the downloaded files up one, as it creates a folder called bin within.

Option 2: Use the files on http://files.aero-nav.com/

I use the VATGER ones, just pick an update package and it will contain the six files you need somewhere within the file structure.

Alexander Walter
2 minutes ago, Luke Brown said:

The ICAO_Airlines, ICAO Aircraft and ICAO_Airports.txt files aren't provided by VATSIM UK. There is also icao.txt, airway.txt and isec.txt.

You have two options.

Option 1: If you subscribe to navigraph FMS data, you can get the FSNavigator format to install into the \Documents\EuroScope\Datafiles Folder. You'll then have to move the downloaded files up one, as it creates a folder called bin within.

Option 2: Use the files on http://files.aero-nav.com/

I use the VATGER ones, just pick an update package and it will contain the six files you need somewhere within the file structure.

Great Thank you so much! But there is no file for VatUK?

Edited by Alexander Walter

9 minutes ago, Luke Brown said:

The original post was that these files were missing - which means the installer wasn't run to create the DataFiles directory in the first place.   The default .msi file installs an older set of these to the correct location which, I agree, need to be overwritten by more up to date copies.   But not having the original "default" files means that the original installer has likely never been run which could manifest further problems.

I simply dealt with stage one in that post - get it installed with the correct folders etc first - then I'd have dealt with getting the correct data in place after that.

13 minutes ago, Alexander Walter said:

Great Thank you so much! But there is no file for VatUK?

If you mean the ICAO_*.txt files - they're generic covering the world.  If you mean sector files, you have put this in?:

Alexander Walter
5 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

The original post was that these files were missing - which means the installer wasn't run to create the DataFiles directory in the first place.   The default .msi file installs an older set of these to the correct location which, I agree, need to be overwritten by more up to date copies.   But not having the original "default" files means that the original installer has likely never been run which could manifest further problems.

I simply dealt with stage one in that post - get it installed with the correct folders etc first - then I'd have dealt with getting the correct data in place after that.

If you mean the ICAO_*.txt files - they're generic covering the world.  If you mean sector files, you have put this in?:

yeah i have and in that pack i do not get the icao.txt file

You won't as as old one is part of the Euroscope installer that you should have run when installing it.    You then need to update these files using one of Luke's methods above