Custom EuroScope Font

Luke Brown

Morning All,

I've managed to create a custom EuroScope font to enable it to look somewhat alike to the NODE-L and iFacts systems used in LTCC/LACC.

This font replaces all of the text in EuroScope. Unfortunately (at the moment) I'm unable to have different fonts for tags etc, whilst leaving the lists alone. I am however led to believe this will be different in a future ES release.

Attached is a zip file containing my custom font , along with the default one incase you wish to revert.

Simply Uninstall the current EuroScope font, and replace it with the one in the zip file.

I've handed this out to various people during the last month or so, with no major reported issues, however, feel free to post here if you come across something.

NOTE: The default EuroScope font contains Cryllic/Scandinavian characters, but I haven't included them in mine as this is only intended for UK use. You will find that these characters will just return an empty square.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bl1gSJqh9mwN-nJDQErxs69qGB2Jft_5

index15.png.8305992bf341787870899c671afff6a4.pngindex14.png.cf73510a3f022e2452e9264de4aa969e.png

Edited by Luke Brown
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Rob Stephens said:

Where are the fonts in the ES file structure?

Download the file, double click on the file, press okay then load your scope.

Edited by Louie Lister

Looks great but it means that 7 character callsigns don't fit in 1 line on the hold manager. Not sure if there is an easy way to fix it but overall still a really nice

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Stepan Simecek

Hello, I installed the font but I don't like it. I tried to install the font in the backup folder but it doesn't do anything. Is there any fix?

• 7 months later...
Norberto Padin

Hi Luke, thanks for sharing this!

I saw the pictures and I can see that the FL is in orange color, how did you do that?

Besides, when I chat in Spanish, we use accents, and I saw that the font does not support that.

Regarding tags, the arrows up and down are a bit tight, is it fixable?

Last but not least, some font seems to be incomplete at the beginning like the "S" in SABE and SACO as it is shown in the attachment, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance and take care!!

Nor.

Fonts_overlap.png

tags_arrows.png

Edited by Norberto Padin
add attachments

Norberto Padin

Hi, I managed to fix the spacing between Departure Airport and Destination Airport and de S is now OK. Also I fixed the TAG font separation.

Also edited the fonts to include de accents (á, é, í, ó, ú) for Spanish speaking people.

The only thing still have no clue, is how to have the orange in the TAGS as shown in the pictures on top of this thread.

Have a great day!!

Nor.