Can't load plugins in Euroscope

Ricky O'Kane

Ricky O'Kane

Hey all - I've installed EuroScope 3.2, got my UK controller pack unzipped into my Euroscope directory, and downloaded both the AFV and UK Controller Plugins.

I've moved the Controller Plugin to a new folder I created called Plugin in data within the UK files, and have the AFV plugin in the route Euroscope directory.

When I try to load either into Euroscope, I get a message saying unable to load plugin DLL.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Better still - would anyone have two mins to jump onto TS at some point and see if you can talk me through?

Thanks - have tried reinstalling it all three times!!

Edit - I should say, I can't get AFV plugin to load either ?

Edited by Ricky O'Kane

Ricky O'Kane
11 minutes ago, Andy Ford said:

Hi Ricky,

Have you installed the MSVC Redistributables? This error commonly happens if they can't be found ?

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Hey Andy - thank you so much, that got me a bit further.

It now says  "No valid user API configuration found, please select the file to use".

It takes me to my Euroscope folder to try and find a file, but I can't find any that can load (I don't know what an API file is ?  )

Thanks again!

Ricky

• 1 month later...
Alex OBrien
On 18/04/2020 at 17:51, Andy Ford said:

Hi Ricky,

Have you installed the MSVC Redistributables? This error commonly happens if they can't be found ?

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Apologies for piggy backing on another post. I've the above resdist. file installed, however the issue is still persisting, "Failed to load plugin".

I've had a good search around on youtube and google and it seems as if the MSVC file is the key for the vast majority but it isn't solving the problem for me. Help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex.

4 hours ago, Alex OBrien said:

Apologies for piggy backing on another post. I've the above resdist. file installed, however the issue is still persisting, "Failed to load plugin".

I've had a good search around on youtube and google and it seems as if the MSVC file is the key for the vast majority but it isn't solving the problem for me. Help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex.

Are you on the ES beta versions? The original 3.2 versions are known to be a bit problematic with plugins ?

"Failed to load plugin" is usually something more systemic, rather than any particular plugin ?

Alex OBrien
5 hours ago, Andy Ford said:

Are you on the ES beta versions? The original 3.2 versions are known to be a bit problematic with plugins ?

"Failed to load plugin" is usually something more systemic, rather than any particular plugin ?

I'm using 3.2, yeh. Ill try downloading a beta version and see if that fixes it, thanks!