Can't Load Gatwick SMR File

Ryan Hargreaves

Ryan Hargreaves

Hi guys,

I just fresh installed Euroscope on my new computer and can't seem to get it to work, it was a long time ago since I installed it so I think I'm just not remembering one of the steps

Currently I've installed the UK Controller Pack definitley correctly and loaded it properly in the plugins section and all that.

When I load up, I select the "Gatwick SMR" PICS Rules File from "Documents\EuroScope\UK\Gatwick". I am then shown this screen on my Euroscope:

Pic1.thumb.png.7146b81d8893a0ef38539acf04c06560.png

After a while (which I think is due to the fact of so many planes online concurrently) I get this shown as wellPic2-min.thumb.png.103be9aac943b2bd4d1bf0956d77cf41.png

Then I can try pressing "F1" then "1" which leads me to the error message of "Error UK\Data\ASR\Gatwick\Gatwick SMR.asr"

I don't really know what this means and I don't remember encourtering it before on my old computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I can do anything in terms of screenshots and files then I'd be more than happy to do so.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Ryan Hargreaves said:

Hi guys,

I just fresh installed Euroscope on my new computer and can't seem to get it to work, it was a long time ago since I installed it so I think I'm just not remembering one of the steps

Currently I've installed the UK Controller Pack definitley correctly and loaded it properly in the plugins section and all that.

When I load up, I select the "Gatwick SMR" PICS Rules File from "Documents\EuroScope\UK\Gatwick". I am then shown this screen on my Euroscope:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb8146fd3f06a1baPic1.thumb.png.7146b81d8893a0ef38539acf04c06560.png

After a while (which I think is due to the fact of so many planes online concurrently) I get this shown as wellPic2-min.thumb.png.103be9aac943b2bd4d1bf0956d77cf41.png

Then I can try pressing "F1" then "1" which leads me to the error message of "Error UK\Data\ASR\Gatwick\Gatwick SMR.asr"

I don't really know what this means and I don't remember encourtering it before on my old computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I can do anything in terms of screenshots and files then I'd be more than happy to do so.

Thanks!

Hiya, when you installed the UK controller pack did you drag and drop the files from the zip? Or did you extract them? If the answer is drag and drop, delete the files and extract into ur docs folder. 

Ryan Hargreaves
Just now, Benjamin Matthews said:

Hiya, when you installed the UK controller pack did you drag and drop the files from the zip? Or did you extract them? If the answer is drag and drop, delete the files and extract into ur docs folder. 

To be honest, I can't remember but I'll give it a shot now and see how that works!

Ryan Hargreaves
11 minutes ago, Benjamin Matthews said:

Unfortuantley that hasn't worked, I've installed it all correctly 100% now and when I try to load up from the initial pop up screen then select Gatwick SMR.prf. It has that error which I think may be the source of the problem "Error UK\Data\ASR\Gatwick\Gatwick SMR.asr" I don't know I might try a fresh install as well now but other than that I've got nothing so anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan Hargreaves
Just now, Benjamin Matthews said:

How are you loading up Euroscope?  try loading Es up without using the shortcut 

Yup tried that and tried running it as administrator that resulted in the same thing

Ryan Hargreaves
33 minutes ago, Benjamin Matthews said:

How are you loading up Euroscope?  try loading Es up without using the shortcut 

Also just tried a fresh install and it's still not working, can't think of anything else other than something wrong with my computer itself

Ryan Hargreaves
22 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Can you post a screenshot of the following folders:

C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Euroscope
C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Euroscope/UK

Sure here they are.

Pic2-min.png.1ed55cdb79883c4c1b0658eb8fea1d58.pngPic1.png.0af1fb226fa81af95a6a72c03c5f6c9c.png

I think the issue is something to do with the actual profiles and their link to the ASR and other files for the viewing, as whenever I try to load up any profile it always says "Error UK\Data\ASR\..." or something like that.

Anyway hope this helps.

Can you check if the file "UK\Data\ASR\Gatwick\Gatwick SMR.asr" exists? If you downloaded a fresh copy of the controller pack, it should exist, but just in case it doesn't.

Also, if you right click your Euroscope shortcut and click properties, is the value of "Start in:" the same as your "Documents/Euroscope" folder (most likely should be C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Euroscope)?

Ryan Hargreaves
1 minute ago, Luke Peters said:

Can you check if the file "UK\Data\ASR\Gatwick\Gatwick SMR.asr" exists? If you downloaded a fresh copy of the controller pack, it should exist, but just in case it doesn't.

Also, if you right click your Euroscope shortcut and click properties, is the value of "Start in:" the same as your "Documents/Euroscope" folder (most likely should be C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Euroscope)?

AHAH! You got it! thank you very much. Gatwick SMR.asr does exist... Issue was is that I was either loading it up from Program FIles x86 thus it couldn't see any files in Documents and couldn't grab "Gatwick SMR.asr" for instance, or I was loading it from the shortcut that was loading it in Program Files x86 anyway.

Thank you very much!!

Ryan Hargreaves
Just now, Luke Peters said:

No problem, glad to help. ?

Actually, one other thing. I'm assuming Gatwick either has no traffic on ground right now or isn't loading or something but Manchester looks fine so I think it's not an issue. However, when it comes to the voice communication set up clicking the "Hardware Setup" button does nothing and there's no option to listen to or transmit on a voice frequancy, only text. Any help on this one?

Pic1.png.2f1e1e35aaf96bd2acfc894a22d83306.png

5 minutes ago, Ryan Hargreaves said:

Actually, one other thing. I'm assuming Gatwick either has no traffic on ground right now or isn't loading or something but Manchester looks fine so I think it's not an issue. However, when it comes to the voice communication set up clicking the "Hardware Setup" button does nothing and there's no option to listen to or transmit on a voice frequancy, only text. Any help on this one?

Pic1.png.2f1e1e35aaf96bd2acfc894a22d83306.png

That isnt used anymore,

all audio is handled by the AFV Application

Ryan Hargreaves
Just now, Lewis Corcoran said:

That isnt used anymore,

all audio is handled by the AFV Application

ah... I'm assuming that's with the new audio and everything.

Do you have a link or anything to the install of this. I've literally never heard of that. And any further reading or something like that on the updates and anything I'd need to know?

Last time I controlled was about late 2019