Change to EGKK SMR

Edward Berkley

Hello all,

I haven't been controlling in a long time so I downloaded and installed the recent UK controller pack. Gatwick now has what seems to be a closed-off area at the J/N intersection. Is there a way to remove this red shaded area? I'm assuming that people who have Gatwick scenery won't have the restricted area that we have here.

image.png.afc2037d93824921f734ed09e6119edd.png

Regards,

Edward

Edited by Edward Berkley

It's because stand 27 and the area surrounding it was under renovation IRL (updated on Airac 2003). 

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to remove it.

Peter Mooney
12 hours ago, Robert Ispas said:

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to remove it.

Well not a nice way like a tick box in ES, but if you really wanted to you could just delete/comment out that region's definition from the sector file, but yeah I wouldn't recommend it unless you had a significant opposition to the colour red appearing on your SMR. (If you do want to, the region is named "Closed_N1_J8_Junction").

You could also uncomment (delete the ";" at the beggining of the relevant lines) the hold lines (under "Start Gatwick (EGKK) Geo") and labels (under "Start Gatwick (EGKK) Labels") if you wanted to re-instate these.

Note: these changes won't persist if you update your sector file, and in general manually messing with the sector file is to be discouraged ?

it is NOTAM'd in real life. Trying to add an added sense of realism, is quite nice having that little addition there in my opinion

E) TWY NOVEMBER IS CLOSED BETWEEN JUNCTIONS WITH TWY ZULU AND TWY NOVEMBER ALPHA AND TWY JULIET BETWEEN ITS JUNCTION WITH TWY PAPA TO WEST OF STAND 28. STAND 27 CLOSED