Getting Started

Sam Rolfe

Hi All. I am new to the controlling side of things. I have just finished my theory training and am awaiting my theory and practical examinations. I want to be able to login as an observer and get an idea on how to use Euroscope and how the procedures take place. However, I am facing several issue that I cannot seem to resolve myself. Firstly, I have attempted to install the UK Controller Pack. However, when I have loaded the profile for the particular airport that I have selected, it comes up with an error in the chatbox: image.png.15d15f0bae7f3d24aa5606de6739b402.png 

Furthermore, once I have established a connection to the vatsim network and the voice communication setup appears, I am unable to successfully obtain a connection to my desired frequency.

I'm sure I'm just being a novice and these are easy things to rectify, but I cannot seem to work it out myself. So, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance, Sam. 

Hiya Sam!

First of all welcome to the controlling side of VATUK, things can sometimes be tricky to get setup so don't worry about asking questions!

It would be easier if we could chat on TeamSpeak and solve the issue there so I have sent you a message on Slack to arrange a time.

Hiya Sam,

I do have some suggestions as to how to rectify the mentioned issues. Firstly, make sure that your UK Controller Pack in placed in the root Euroscope directory (C:\Users\Darren\Documents\EuroScope for me). With regards to the frequency, a few months back came the massive voice update called AFV - Audio For VATSIM. To use any voice on the new codec, you need to use the standalone client, available here, in conjunction with the latest version ES.

Hope this helps!

13 hours ago, Darren Hill said:

Hiya Sam,

I do have some suggestions as to how to rectify the mentioned issues. Firstly, make sure that your UK Controller Pack in placed in the root Euroscope directory (C:\Users\Darren\Documents\EuroScope for me). With regards to the frequency, a few months back came the massive voice update called AFV - Audio For VATSIM. To use any voice on the new codec, you need to use the standalone client, available here, in conjunction with the latest version ES.

Hope this helps!

Hiya Darren,

I sorted the issue with Sam yesterday night so he is all fine now!

Thanks for your input though, hopefully someone in the future might use it while reading the thread ?

Hi all. Thank you all for your help I really appreciate it. As Sonny previously said, he was kind enough to help me out yesterday and I should have informed everyone of that so that they didn’t have to reply. Again, thanks to everyone for their replies. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello all. I have been looking at the documentation to see which ATC package to use, to see if I wish to proceed with ATC. I decided on VRC, but the link to sector files in the Getting Started for VRC doc no longer work. I see from this site that these files may now be in the Controller Pack, but only for Euroscope. Is VRC no longer supported ? If it is still supported, can someone let me know where to find the sector files etc.

Thanks

Hi Robin

We don't use VRC in the UK so you won't find any official controller packs/sector files anywhere. That being said, I wouldn't let the controller client dictate if/where you control. You'll be taught how to use Euroscope properly in your S1 training and it's not like it's inferior to other controller clients, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ben