atc-software PSA: Latest AIRAC updated ICAO_Airlines.txt

Russ Wragg

I enquired on Slack about an up-to-date ICAO_Airlines.txt and got the following response from @Adam Turner who pointed me in the direction of VATSIM Germany's files on aero-nav.com -- I'm sharing at his behest as I believe it's in the public interest.

Thank you Adam.

http://files.aero-nav.com/EDXX

I use either the EDFF_FULL or EDLL_FULL files, they contain within them updated ICAO_Aircraft/Airline/Airport files AND updated airport coordinates, airways and intersections so flight plans will actually validate properly in ES.

I keep meaning to make a forum post "PSA" about this, especially with new aircraft ICAO codes not included in the default files, like A35X and A20N becoming more popular

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...
Stuart Duncan
5 minutes ago, Lukas Jankauskas said:

The link is no longer valid, just wondering - are there other options? 

http://files.aero-nav.com/EDXX is the correct URL. For some reason, clicking it in the above post doesn't work, probably as it's somehow connected to/linked through Slack.

• Like 1
Lukas Jankauskas

Thank you! Maybe our sector people could coordinate and have latest versions included? It's a bit of a pain having to .callsign and edit aircraft types manually.

Great find nonetheless and thank you for pointing me at the right place!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Joshua Pope-Lewis
      By Joshua Pope-Lewis
      Hello all,
      Just a quick query, I have recently got VCCS function correctly and tested with my brother when we’ve been running EGCC GMC/GMP sessions.
      Do other controllers mind being contacted via this method? It’s so much easier than trying to find a displaced user in Teamspeak, especially when they are talking with someone else and not in the standard channel, or signed in at all!
      Thanks in Advance!
      Joshua!
      (Newly passed out S1 - 18 hours and counting!)
    • Paul Houghton
      By Paul Houghton
      HI, ordered a new pc. When I install euroscope on it is there a particular file(s) I can copy over that will copy my current settings across?
      Thanks
    • James Lang
      By James Lang
      hello fellow controllers having a bit of difficulty with setting up audio for vatsim and also setting up vatsim itself
    • Owen Cho
      By Owen Cho
      I downloaded the AFV client to use it on EuroScope, but the screen was cut off.
      Please refer to the attached picture for detailed situations.
      +I had my display scaling set to 100%, and it's still the same.
      If anybody knows the answer to this and is willing to help me, thank you in advance.

• William Sandford
      By William Sandford
      I was taught how to do this myself a few days ago, and think that it's an amazing feature which would be nice to see more widespread use of it. It provides an alternative to teamspeak for coordination, acting as a direct phone line between controllers. To use it, you'll first need the Euroscope Beta. See instructions for installing that see below. 
      Installing the Euroscope Beta
      Visit euroscope.hu, and navigate to Beta Versions > Download Latest Beta Version. Note that this is not a fresh installer, and you will need the latest stable euroscope version installed first. Extract the zip you download, and move the files into your Euroscope install directory (mine was C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope), choosing to overwrite old files. You may require administrator permissions to do so. Launch Euroscope, and you may find that you need to do a few things, for example I had to reinstall UKCP.
      Using VCCS
      To open VCCS, click Other SET > Open VCCS Dialogue. This will open a new window. 
      Before you can start using VCCS, you have to do a little bit of set up. Click EDIT to open the settings. In the Server Name box, put "vccs.barlw.uk" (without quotes). In the Nickname box, put your VATSIM CID. The Server Port box should say 9988 as it is and won't need changing. Using the buttons to the right, set your Push To Talks. I have mine both set to Right Ctrl. At the bottom of the dialogue box, under Devices, set your Capture and Playback devices. Hit OK and you are good to go!
      The VCCS window is split into two halves. On the right is the Direct Access pane, of which there are three sections. It contains a list of ATC positions. A green outline denotes that the position is online and using VCCS:

A yellow outline denotes that the position is online, but not using VCCS. See LON SC on the above picture. 
      A red outline clearly shows that a position is offline.
      Clicking on a position starts a call with them.

On the left side of the window is the control pane. A few of these buttons when clicked say that they are not modelled yet, however a few are functional.

The Direct Access buttons can be used to switch page on the Direct Access pane.
      The Mute button mutes the call, not yourself.
      Ring Off can be clicked to stop the ringing tone when somebody calls you.
      End simply ends the current call, and
      Test is very self explanatory 😉

That's all, folks! I hope that use of this feature can become slightly more widespread. Big thanks to our very own @George Barlow for maintaining the teamspeak server we use for VCCS!