Sign in to follow this  
Sathiya Jeganathan

atc-discussion Waiting for the next OBS ATC session

Sathiya Jeganathan

Hello Moderators,

I have been waiting a long time for the next OBS ATC training session so I can carry on with my training. I have finished the theory course already. Hopefully I will get one soon. 

Alex Hodgkinson

Hopefully you will.

Tom Szczypinski

They are ran every month or so. Make sure that you're part of TGNC on the CTS, and you'll get an invite once you are far up enough on the waiting list. Best thing you can do is be patient, and observe as much as you can to make your progression faster once you begin the process!

Fergus Walsh

Hi Sathiya,
We currently run the OBS_PT1 Seminars twice a month so that as many people can attend. I have just had a look and you're not currently part of the TG New Controller Home Group, which means that you won't receive an email when Seminars are created, or be able to join a Seminar. I have sent you an email regarding how to get this sorted. The next Seminar is tomorrow (20/08/19 @ 1400z). 

Thanks

Sathiya Jeganathan

Thanks for all the reply. Unfortunately I didn't get any email  about the seminar Mr. Walsh. I just saw it at 1800. What a shame I missed it. I will keep looking here. 

Once again Thanks and soon I can catch it up. 

Sathiya Jeganathan

Chris Esfan

So not to sound impatient, but is there any way to see how long down the waiting list you are. It's only 2-3 weeks since I signed up to begin my ATC training (Or I hope I did it correctly seeing how the author of this post wasn't a part of the TG New Controller Group) and I understand that the wait might be longer. But I was just wondering if it would be possible to get an approximate time on how long the usual wait is. I am really looking forward to commencing my training and I've been checking the CTS every day, ready to sign up for the next OBS introduction course.

Nick Marinov
5 minutes ago, Chris Esfan said:

So not to sound impatient, but is there any way to see how long down the waiting list you are. It's only 2-3 weeks since I signed up to begin my ATC training (Or I hope I did it correctly seeing how the author of this post wasn't a part of the TG New Controller Group) and I understand that the wait might be longer. But I was just wondering if it would be possible to get an approximate time on how long the usual wait is. I am really looking forward to commencing my training and I've been checking the CTS every day, ready to sign up for the next OBS introduction course.

In the past people used to wait for months. Now, however, this has been reduced to whenever the next session is (a couple of weeks, max a month). 🙂 As Fergus said, if you are a member of TG New Controller, you will receive an email when you get invited to the seminar.