1. Oliver Rhodes

Oliver Rhodes

2. Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant

• Similar Content

• Jay Williams
      By Jay Williams
      Is there a way to stop VAT-Spy minimizing to the system tray?
      Thanks in advance
      Jay
    • Stephen Simpson
      By Stephen Simpson
      Morning, I cant seem to connect to the network.
      Are servers down?
      S

• Alex Toff
      By Alex Toff
      Hi Everyone,

I would like to present a new tool for pilots (😱 I know right?)

ChartFox is a free, digital chart solution for flight simulation purposes. For too long when flying on the network you have had to trawl through mis-matched AIPs, foreign languages and confusing websites to gain access to publicly available charts and airfield information. ChartFox attempts to solve these issues, by giving pilots quick and easy access to charts on-the-fly, across most devices.
      It currently has around 20,000 charts accessible spanning over 1,200 airports, with more countries being supported over time. On average, 80% of flights on the network have at least one fully supported airport in their flight plan (and more have the AIP supported in lieu)! A full coverage map and live stats can be found on the homepage.
      ChartFox has, for the past month or so, undergone a closed beta test with a handful of members, and their feedback has driven improvements to the software (if you were one of these people, thank you soooo much for your feedback). It has also recently been implemented on VATSIM UK’s airfield information pages (controllers, should be easier for you to point pilots to charts!)
       Now, however, ChartFox is being rolled out into semi-public beta before total public deployment.
       ChartFox is now accessible to home members of the GBR division of VATSIM by simply signing in through the VATSIM SSO service. If you are not a UK home member, and would like to give it a spin, feel free to send me a message via the forums or Slack.
      ChartFox is now available to the whole of the VATSIM Membership!

For a full feature list, and access: https://chartfox.org

Any feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated, and can be submitted through this feedback form: https://goo.gl/forms/1iODWyqRyO2gkBIi1
      So, what are you waiting for?

(To be clear, this is not a VATSIM UK service, so please don't submit helpdesk tickets for it...)
    • James van Hankins
      By James van Hankins
      Hey all
      Just a quick note to apologise to the controllers whilst i've been flying the last couple of days... my dog has found a new comfy sleeping position right next to the power kill switch for my PC :o/ 
      He's done it twice now just as I get away from Gatwick! - currently NOT mans best friend! :) 
      Anyway... sorry for any inconvenience - moving the wires around as we speak :)
    • Raymond Smith
      By Raymond Smith
      Hi
      I've written a program that is aimed at VFR pilots, interfaces with vPilot and is voice controlled.
      Its primary use is to generate text messages for while on Unicom based on users input and covers all phases of flight. The messages are then sent to vPilot.
      Its secondary use is as a guide to what to say to online ATC at each stage of the flight.
      All the commands are voice activated although there are buttons as a fallback.
      The program is free and is available online as www.penray.co.uk, where there is an online manual and two tutorial videos showing its use for circuits and departures.
      The software has been tested on Windows 10 64bt and .Net version 4.5.
      I would welcome feedback on your experience so I can make it better.
      Regards
      Ray