Tyler Sexton

feedback UK Plugin

Tyler Sexton

New to the controller plugin, and I am assuming this is from it. However, The QNH they sent is for another airport. I am only working and only have active Manchester.

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Tyler Sexton

Tyler Sexton
30 minutes ago, Stuart Duncan said:

Turn off QNH updates in the UKCP general settings.

Thank you! 

Stuart Duncan

Edited by Stuart Duncan

Tyler Sexton
17 hours ago, Stuart Duncan said:

No worries, also just check you have none of the 8 boxes ticked for EGPF in the runway selection dialog box - having one or more of these ticked may be the reason you're getting a QNH update for EGPF.

I made sure all the boxes were unticked, however, I do not see a UKCP General Settings. Maybe I am just missing it?

Tyler Sexton

Got it, thank you, you're the best!

Edited by Tyler Sexton

Andy Ford

EGPF/CC/LL are all special in EuroScope... During testing, we found that most airfields only give the plugin METAR updates if they’re active, but LL/PF/CC seem to do it regardless. We have no idea why sorry.

Luke Brown

Something to do with the fact that the TMA MSL’s are based off these QNH’s?

Andy Ford

Maybe - but it’s certainly nothing to do with anything EuroScopes api says it can be made to do. It’s a special case that appears to be baked into ES, maybe Craig requested something special for VCA, who knows.

Michael Pike

Could it not be the UK Plugin's MSL display that triggers it? The plugin must be calling for those METARs to keep the display up to date regardless of airfields the controller is responsible for. (I'm just doing my logic speculation again! following Luke's idea)

Andy Ford
2 hours ago, Michael Pike said:

Could it not be the UK Plugin's MSL display that triggers it? The plugin must be calling for those METARs to keep the display up to date regardless of airfields the controller is responsible for. (I'm just doing my logic speculation again! following Luke's idea)

No, it’s not the MSL display. I observed the behaviour described (where ES sends METAR updates to plugins) during experiments before I even wrote the MSL functionality and with all other plugins disabled. For some reason or another, ES just treats those fields differently.

We initially load MSLs by a separate call external to ES, we only hook into the ES metar feed (which is usually determined by active airfields), for updates as time progresses.

Theres actually no way in ES for a plugin to “request” a metar, it can only receive them when ES fires a METAR update event.

Edited by Andy Ford