Joe Burberry

pilot-discussion Best freeware Scenery?

Joe Burberry

I was wondering what recommendation people had for the best freeware sceneries out there?

I know they are under appreciated.. so what's your fav!?

Fraser Cooper

ORBX Freeware Airfields in the states as good. 

Louie Lister

SunSkyJet KPHL is very nice.

Joe Burberry

both sounds good... any european ones?

Arvid Hansson

MisterX's freeware creations are of unbelievable quality (probably why he is now doing payware as well), see Boston and Portland for example. Ortho4XP is more of a tool than actual scenery i suppose, however it must be the most experience changing freeware addon out there.

Try googling "[ICAO] x-plane", you'll be surprised how much quality freeware stuff there is (the US is significantly better but there are some really good European ones out there as well).

Richard Keen
8 hours ago, Joe Burberry said:

both sounds good... any european ones?

If you are after no frills scenery thats up to date then check out some made by Ray Smith on Avsim plus check this site out .. some FSX scenery can be converted to work with P3D4 by using ADE and setting taxiway/apron draw flags to on ...https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html   

Joe Burberry

I'm still on FSX until I upgrade my PC haha... so that link is ace (thanks Richard 😄

I just wondered if any one knew of any that stood out

Andrew Macleod

Get xplane like acrid said, most is free and top quality