Joe Burberry

pilot-discussion Best freeware Scenery?

Joe Burberry

I was wondering what recommendation people had for the best freeware sceneries out there?

I know they are under appreciated.. so what's your fav!?

Fraser Cooper

ORBX Freeware Airfields in the states as good. 

Louie Lister

SunSkyJet KPHL is very nice.

Arvid Hansson

MisterX's freeware creations are of unbelievable quality (probably why he is now doing payware as well), see Boston and Portland for example. Ortho4XP is more of a tool than actual scenery i suppose, however it must be the most experience changing freeware addon out there.

Try googling "[ICAO] x-plane", you'll be surprised how much quality freeware stuff there is (the US is significantly better but there are some really good European ones out there as well).

Richard Keen
8 hours ago, Joe Burberry said:

both sounds good... any european ones?

If you are after no frills scenery thats up to date then check out some made by Ray Smith on Avsim plus check this site out .. some FSX scenery can be converted to work with P3D4 by using ADE and setting taxiway/apron draw flags to on ...https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html   

Joe Burberry

I'm still on FSX until I upgrade my PC haha... so that link is ace (thanks Richard 😄

I just wondered if any one knew of any that stood out

Andrew Macleod

Get xplane like acrid said, most is free and top quality

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Derek Waldron
      By Derek Waldron
      Hi Guys
      I'm a newcomer to VATSim and can't convey how fascinating I find it, and how much more it brings to flight simulator use.  But I am struggling to work out how to get the best out of it for the flights I am currently doing, and would welcome some advice.
      I appreciate that ATC coverage is not going to be 100%, and that's fine, but from my limited experience it appears that the best interaction with a controller comes from setting up a flight that terminates in 'controlled' airspace to land at an airport that has ATC coverage.
      At the moment my flights tend to be in private jets, so I guess would be considered GA, but they are capable of flying way above normal GA airspace.  I was wondering what the protocol is for such a flight, taking off from an uncontrolled field, transitioning through a controller's area and then landing, perhaps at another uncontrolled airport.  Is it a case of using the unicom frequency when taking off and landing to announce intentions, and as a courtesy contacting the controller on the appropriate frequency when entering their airspace, or is there something else I should be doing?
    • Glen Coyne
      By Glen Coyne
      I notice part of the Farnborough CTR is designated Blackbushe Local Flying Area, what is the significance of this when flying circuits at Blackbushe.
      Glen
    • Luke Hall
      By Luke Hall
      I'm wondering, with so many around the globe stuck at home self-isolating (working, cough) are we likely to see an increase in controllers and pilots online?

What's the general consensus?
    • Brian Summers
      By Brian Summers
      How do I join the Midlands Club? (Or am I missing something obvious)
    • John Park
      By John Park
      Are there any rules about using audio instead of text on UNICOM? I tried to use it when landing at EGPF today only to be ridiculed by two pilots on the ground there.