Richard Keen

UKController plug in problem

Richard Keen

Hi

Not sure if i have mucked things up but i tried to log on as an OBS and i got an API error .... so i deleted my PLUGIN KEY under the UK Controller Plugin  section and downloaded a new key , i unloaded the plugin then reloaded it expecting to link my new key but that box did not appear and im still getting the API error.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich

Richard Keen

Problem fixed , i deleted the file in the settings folder of UKCP , now all seems ok

Rob Stephens

Everything was working well until 2 days ago (UK plug-in and vSMR).  Then on logging on I get the following Error message:- 'API authorisation failed. The vast majority of functionality will be disabled.'  I accept this and log on and find only two thing don't work - squawk code auto assignment (just gives the airfield local codes) and also initial altitudes in the departure list.  PDC is fine. OP box is present in bottom right hand corner and the timer works fine.

Since then I have re-downloaded and reloaded vSMR with the PDC key; UK Controller plugin and new key; updated UK controller pack and UK sector file.  Problem still there.  What am I doing that's totally stupid??

Andy Ford

UKCP and vSMR aren't related in any way, so any issues with vSMR are separate.

As for UKCP, we experienced an issue with the Web API that meant some users access tokens stopped working. In order to ensure you reset the access token for UKCP, make sure you delete the file located at `My Documents/EuroScope/ukcp/settings/api-settings.json` before you load ES. When you reload ES, it'll ask you to re-select your key file and after that it should work.

I'm currently in the process of automating the key replacement process so that everything key-related can be done within UKCP from the next release.

Edited by Andy Ford

Richard Keen

Thanks Andy , thats what i did.... deleting that file from the UKCP folder helped , used a new key just to be sure and it worked

Stuart Duncan
13 hours ago, Andy Ford said:

In order to ensure you reset the access token for UKCP, make sure you delete the file located at `My Documents/EuroScope/ukcp/settings/api-settings.json` before you load ES. When you reload ES, it'll ask you to re-select your key file and after that it should work

Hi Andy,

Still having issues.  Have deleted the api-settings.json file (as an aside, mine is located C:\Euroscope\ukcp\settings) and redownloaded a what appears to be an identical key, and still getting the error message listed above.  Have also unloaded and reloaded ukcp plugin which has made no difference.

Any ideas?

TIA,

S..

Andy Ford
1 hour ago, Stuart Duncan said:

Still having issues.  Have deleted the api-settings.json file (as an aside, mine is located C:\Euroscope\ukcp\settings) and redownloaded a what appears to be an identical key, and still getting the error message listed above.  Have also unloaded and reloaded ukcp plugin which has made no difference.

Hiya, you'll need to delete the previous key on your Core dashboard here - then if you go back to the UKCP page and it'll download an entirely new one for you to use (it only generates a new one if you don't have one already). Sorry if that's a bit confusing - we're going to update the process on those pages and the plugin in general to make it a little more intuitive. In the meantime, I've just made some changes to UKCP itself so that in the future key replacement will be handled through the plugin rather than a manual download process, expect it in the next release 🙂

Edited by Andy Ford

Stuart Duncan
24 minutes ago, Andy Ford said:

Hiya, you'll need to delete the previous key on your Core dashboard here - then if you go back to the UKCP page and it'll download an entirely new one for you to use (it only generates a new one if you don't have one already). Sorry if that's a bit confusing - I'll see if we can update the flow on those pages to make it a little more intuitive. In the meantime, I've just made some changes to UKCP itself so that in the future key replacement will be handled through the plugin rather than a manual download process, expect it in the next release 🙂

All sorted - cheers for that! 👍

Andy Ford
6 minutes ago, Stuart Duncan said:

All sorted - cheers for that! 👍

No problem, sorry for the inconvenience 🙂

Rob Stephens

Thanks Andy and everyone who helped.  The missing item was to delete the key held on my core dashboard.  I had done everything else but, of course, without this bit of info all I did was redownload into ukcp settings the original key... doh!

Doug Martin

Hi,

Have followed all steps above and it still says it's unable to authenticate upon loading the .json key.

I cleared the whole UK folder and redownloaded, deleted my key files locally, deleted the key on my core dashboard, deleted the .json in ukcp/settings, redownloaded my new keyfile and tried again...

Any ideas?

Scrub that - problem now solved:  If you are already on the webpage at https://www.vatsim.uk/ukcp/token you need to refresh that page after deleting your key on the dashboard, otherwise it downloads whatever key was active when you last loaded the page!

Edited by Doug Martin
Solved problem...