Sign in to follow this  
Leishemba Soibam

UKCP Plugin Error

Leishemba Soibam

Does anybody know how to get rid of this error? I have installed this as per the installation guide but the error pops up and now i cant get the force recycled squawk code and doesn't update itself and also i am unable to get the initial altitude . Screenshot_1.jpg.f705f8ac743ad088780378d7ee2795a3.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Andy Ford

Hi Leishemba,

When you first loaded the plugin, did you select the key file you should have downloaded as part of the setup process (https://www.vatsim.uk/ukcp) when prompted?

The error you are showing usually occurs when the plugin does not have your personal access key which allows it to connect to our web API 🙂

If you want to be re-prompted for the key, just go into My Documents/EuroScope/ukcp/settings and delete the api-settings.json file located there. Next time you load the plugin, it will prompt you for a new API key.

Edited by Andy Ford

Leishemba Soibam

Yes I did that but still this warning shows up..\m/

George Peppard
1 hour ago, Andy Ford said:

If you want to be re-prompted for the key, just go into My Documents/EuroScope/ukcp/settings and delete the api-settings.json file located there. Next time you load the plugin, it will prompt you for a new API key.

Is it worth adding a "select new API key" button to the options list?

Nothing wrong with the current method but this is a bit more user friendly, perhaps.

Andy Ford
1 hour ago, George Peppard said:

Is it worth adding a "select new API key" button to the options list?

Nothing wrong with the current method but this is a bit more user friendly, perhaps.

Will look into this once we have an idea of what the underlying issue is 🙂

Edited by Andy Ford

Andy Ford
2 hours ago, Leishemba Soibam said:

Yes I did that but still this warning shows up..\m/

If you look in the plugin log (ukcp/logs/eventlog.txt) can you post the error you're getting from the API?

Edited by Andy Ford

Leishemba Soibam
3 hours ago, Andy Ford said:

If you look in the plugin log (ukcp/logs/eventlog.txt) can you post the error you're getting from the API?

I still got this warning issues detected with the API, remote functionality is disable

Screenshot_4.jpg

Andy Ford

Now that is very weird... This is nothing to do with the install process of the plugin itself but appears to be something to do with our web end... I'll have a look at the logs and get back to you 🙂

Edited by Andy Ford

Leishemba Soibam

@Andy Ford my Gatwick SMR is not showing the MSL table and count down timer when i loaded with Gatwick combined. But all the radar views are showing except the SMR. Please help!

Nick Marinov
1 hour ago, Leishemba Soibam said:

@Andy Ford my Gatwick SMR is not showing the MSL table and count down timer when i loaded with Gatwick combined. But all the radar views are showing except the SMR. Please help!

Are you using vSMR? If so you'll need to allow the plugin to draw over the vSMR display as well as the standard ES display in the plugin settings.

Leishemba Soibam
4 hours ago, Nick Marinov said:

Are you using vSMR? If so you'll need to allow the plugin to draw over the vSMR display as well as the standard ES display in the plugin settings.

No i didnt use Vsmr. 

Andy Ford
7 hours ago, Leishemba Soibam said:

Bottom right corner of the radar screen, the OP button - you can toggle it on through the menus in there 🙂

Edited by Andy Ford

Leishemba Soibam
7 minutes ago, Andy Ford said:

Bottom right corner of the radar screen, the OP button - you can toggle it on through the menus in there 🙂

There is no OP button on the bottom right corner in the SMR but i do have OP button in gatwick radar1, gatwick radar2, gatwick radar3 and gatwick radar4

Edited by Leishemba Soibam

Andy Ford
38 minutes ago, Leishemba Soibam said:

There is no OP button on the bottom right corner in the SMR but i do have OP button in gatwick radar1, gatwick radar2, gatwick radar3 and gatwick radar4

Drawing on the screen is done on a per Radar Screen type basis ("Standard ES radar screen", "vSMR" etc are types of radar screen).

If you're seeing it on everything except the SMR, then that means your SMR is running a different radar screen type. In turn this probably means that you have a plugin such as vSMR (even if you're not using it, it could still be loaded in your plugins menu) defining its own radar screen type when you're using your SMR, which the plugin does not have permission to draw on.

Leishemba Soibam
1 hour ago, Andy Ford said:

Drawing on the screen is done on a per Radar Screen type basis ("Standard ES radar screen", "vSMR" etc are types of radar screen).

If you're seeing it on everything except the SMR, then that means your SMR is running a different radar screen type. In turn this probably means that you have a plugin such as vSMR (even if you're not using it, it could still be loaded in your plugins menu) defining its own radar screen type when you're using your SMR, which the plugin does not have permission to draw on.

But i have unloaded the vsmr plugin. Would it solve the problem if i replace the existing gatwick smr file from the uk controller pack again?

Andy Ford
39 minutes ago, Leishemba Soibam said:

But i have unloaded the vsmr plugin. Would it solve the problem if i replace the existing gatwick smr file from the uk controller pack again?

Plugins have nothing to do with which SMR you use other than allowing you to draw on custom radar screens 🙂

Edited by Andy Ford

Nick Marinov

Not an expert on the matter, but I think just unloading the plugin from ES will not do the trick to uninstall it. When you install it you need to change some lines in the asr file for the SMR to the vSMR radar display, so I would guess you need to revert that back to the ES standard radar screen in order for the plugin to be completely uninstalled (and UKCP to work).

Leishemba Soibam

Thanks guys it worked now. 😊