Addition of Plugins to Controller Pack

Luke Brown

Can we include the UK controller plugin in the controller pack, as well as vSMR?

Both of these are now fairly stable and provide features that are both useful and improve realism.

UKCP settings can be set up as VCA settings once were, and vSMR can be setup to work on SMRs to improve the tags available, while also adding the option for a realistic display.

vSMR also includes the Hoppie PDC capability, and again, all this would take is a short explanation in the docs. We’ve noticed a jump in uptake due to some devs of aircraft now being on-board, with even more expected once these aircraft are released.

It seems that lots of people are having issues converting from VCA so remove the hassle. Not everyone comes from the age where you had to set up EuroScope from scratch!

It’s something we are looking to do and we want to make it as easy as possible to get up and running. 

The need for UKCP to have a user-specific key does add some complication but rest assured that we are keen to provide. 

I think this more refers to the settings in ASR and other plugin config files, which won't be user key dependent. I have made these changes in my version of the controller pack, but of course I don't have anything to do with the upload version anymore ?