Bill Casey

CTP Westbound

Loui Ringer
8 minutes ago, Bill Casey said:

I don't know why it's not been announced here but it's 30th March 2019 for Westbound CTP

It was on .net days ago but somehow missed here

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=78136

I was going to un-hide the thread when I confirmed our airports. It was shared across our social media platforms which are visible on the home page of the forum.🙂

Edited by Loui Ringer
Added info

Bill Casey

I thought I'd mention it for the benefit of those who have to book, time off work, those who visit each other's houses for it and those who organise their own events for it. You can't give too much notice to be honest and not everyone bothers with the social media battering.

Loui Ringer
9 minutes ago, Bill Casey said:

I thought I'd mention it for the benefit of those who have to book, time off work, those who visit each other's houses for it and those who organise their own events for it. You can't give too much notice to be honest and not everyone bothers with the social media battering.

I understand, as I said in the marketing update "I'd like to give 4 weeks notice (minimum) for big events. The Facebook and Twitter display on the home page of the forum so you don't have to bother. The event was shared there as soon as it was announced. 

Any questions please drop me a message on slack or the forum.

Edited by Loui Ringer

Louie Lister
12 hours ago, Bill Casey said:

It’s not as if it was going to be kept a secret from you, Bill. CTP is a big event and word will get around regardless of it being put on the UK forums anyway. I think 4 weeks notice is more than enough and those who normally book it off work would have probably saw it from .net’s advertising anyway.

If you’re interested in VATUK’s ‘not too much advertising’, there is a marketing role vacant on the forum which you could apply for to help out! 

CTP is advertised everywhere, you couldn’t miss it 😁

Edited by Louie Lister

Tim Smith

I'm surprised to see Heathrow not being involved in this year's Westbound crossing

Trevor Hannant

UK airports are pre-selected so won’t feature in the voting

Fergus Walsh
1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

I'm surprised to see Heathrow not being involved in this year's Westbound crossing

It was last year's Westbound airport if I'm correct.

Harry Cameron
2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

It will most likely be the Eastbound arrival airport this year

Tim Smith
6 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

UK airports are pre-selected so won’t feature in the voting

Wow, didn't know we are bribing VATSIM to 'pre-select' our airports for CTP

Joe Burberry

It's probably best for the UK not to be voted for because it will cost another airport its go at CTP.

Andy Ford
1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

It's never been a "bribe" in years where this has happened in the past (it has happened) and the UK airfield has usually been in addition to those voted for - so nobody loses out because the UK gets a bye.

The fact stands that the UK has shown it can be relied upon to provide a significant coverage of enroute and aerodrome ATC, so I guess it comes down to the CTP team wanting to have an airfield where they know everything is going to be fully covered and not begging other VACCs for their controllers or messing up the schedule due to understaffing.

Edited by Andy Ford

Trevor Hannant
2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Oh dear...🙄