Richard Keen

Active sky .. wrong weather

Richard Keen

Hi

Is any one having problems with Active sky giving the wrong weather at the moment? i have had to set it to Vatsim WX even for off line flights to get near real weather ... but that only effects the destination and arival weather not other airports not on the flight plan as far as i know.

Richard Keen

EG vatsim wx for EGCC 251450Z AUTO 20004KT 160V240 9999 NCD 17/M02 Q1034 NOSIG        vs  AS4     251511 16006kt 100v270 9999 NSC 15/05 1033     vs real      EGCC 251450 auto 20004 160v240 9999 NCD 17/M02 Q1034

Bill Casey

I can't say I've noticed that happening at all Richard but then I'm on AS2016 rather than AS4 and I don't know if they use the same sources for wx?

In any case I always have AS set to Vatsim wx because it is that which will (hopefully) give me the same wx as ATC and determines runway in use. Whatever is happening in the real world is totally irrelevant when on Vatsim, it's Vatsim wx that determines what happens and not what I see outside my house or on FR24 or whatever. So, Vatsim wx it is, always.

Luke Brown

I did have this last night coming into Southend, not sure if it’s a mismatch between the VATSIM weather server and the one ActiveSky uses? (NOAA I think)

it was thick fog and rather cloudy, different QNH as well, whereas the VATSIM METAR was CAVOK.

George Peppard
8 hours ago, Luke Brown said:

it was thick fog and rather cloudy, different QNH as well, whereas the VATSIM METAR was CAVOK.

This begs the question is there something wrong with either weather source, as even across providers there shouldn't be polar differences like these?

Richard Keen

There was a problem going by the Active sky forum , it was with one of their servers but its been fixed now and working as it should

Barry Kensett

Not sure which version of AS you are using but in the P3Dv4 version you must put in a flight plan as well as ticking the Vatsim weather box.

Barry

Bill Casey
13 hours ago, Barry Kensett said:

Not sure which version of AS you are using but in the P3Dv4 version you must put in a flight plan as well as ticking the Vatsim weather box.

Sir Barry! That has been the case with every AS version I've used (quite a  lot!) although it only really needs the departure and destination to get their weather right. It obviously helps to put the whole FP in for en route wx but dep/arr is the minimum FP it needs.

Good to see you squire, I've not seen you around in ages, I trust the Airbus in your loft is behaving and that you and Lady Pat are fine?

Barry Kensett

Hi Bill, sim come on a lot since you joined the short but distinguished list of those who have crashed it. Still fly every Sunday night with the gang, Darren’s A320 down the road has undergone massive restructuring since he married a lovely lady who supports his hobby. 

See Sundays scenery malfunction https://vimeo.com/323230327

Barry

www.a320sim.com

Edited by Barry Kensett

Bill Casey
On 15/03/2019 at 09:17, Barry Kensett said:

See Sundays scenery malfunction https://vimeo.com/323230327

Haha! Very impressive and having been to some eastern european airports RW the occasional fence across the apron isn't that unrealistic! At Zagreb once we found the apron blocked off by main battle tanks so a fence would have been a minor hindrance 😲