Mike Jasinski

atc-software Euroscope is Broken!

Mike Jasinski

So i have no idea whats happened with my Euroscope. I was using it this evening, everything seemed to work fine.

I closed it after use - no issues. Meanwhile  i ran an update on iTunes and Apple Updater. (not sure if this is relevant, just adding it to show that i didnt do anything else in between)

I came back to Euroscope after an hour.

First odd issue, I had a shortcut on my start menu to euroscope. This didnt open it in the way it normaly does, instead i started to try and install Euroscope, however it seems to fail giving me the following error:

a8101bfa01d527bd5b9954bad80cb148.png

So I cancel and go direct to where ES is installed - C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope - ES opens fine, presenting me with my usual option of opening a profile file i.e MANCHESTER COMBINED .prf or GENERIC COMBINED .prf

When i select (for eg.) GENERIC, my ES open up in the 'vanilla' seup as below:

3264d6cbec38a29c6a1225c13e440dc8.png

I get a message with  the following:

8dfefa2c2b699b14df452dbc0b9471f5.png

626f4a3e403483a04f3c2ce7721a4d10.png

etc etc

I have no idea whats happened. I'm trying to avoid a complete re-install of ES and all my plugins as i really dont want to have to lose all my settings.

Anyone have any idea whats happened here? 

Thanks for any help!

Mike Jasinski

Now starting ES i get the following messages:

2f12fe347183b988129c05bc77a54d04.png

408978873442addcbd406506d522fb1a.png

Sonny Nixon

Hiya Mike, I think your UK Controller Pack is not in the correct place. It needs to be in your home directory for ES which is usually in your Documents and then press on the folder named "EuroScooe" and then that is where that controller pack should be.

Not the best explanation but hopefuly it helped, let me know if it worked, if not I will try help you further!

Michael Pike

Don't panic! And don't reinstall ES.

The link on your start menu is obviously to the installation files. There should be a link on your desktop or somewhere to run ES. (put there by the installer). That should be the way you normally start ES. Clicking on the exe file will not run ES in the correct directory and produces the result you displayed above.

Has that shortcut originally installed by ES been deleted?

Mike Jasinski
2 minutes ago, Michael Pike said:

Don't panic! And don't reinstall ES.

The link on your start menu is obviously to the installation files. There should be a link on your desktop or somewhere to run ES. (put there by the installer). That should be the way you normally start ES. Clicking on the exe file will not run ES in the correct directory and produces the result you displayed above.

Has that shortcut originally installed by ES been deleted?

It appears to have changed somehow. In my start menu, where the euroscope folder was placed on install, the ES icon only starts the install.

The shortcut does the same.

Mike Jasinski
17 minutes ago, Sonny Nixon said:

Hiya Mike, I think your UK Controller Pack is not in the correct place. It needs to be in your home directory for ES which is usually in your Documents and then press on the folder named "EuroScooe" and then that is where that controller pack should be.

Not the best explanation but hopefuly it helped, let me know if it worked, if not I will try help you further!

I've just had a look at the UK controller pack instructions and they state that the folder should be unzipped into "Unzip this ZIP archive directly into your EuroScope working directory. This is typically found at
… Documents\EuroScope\"

Sonny Nixon
4 minutes ago, Mike Jasinski said:

I've just had a look at the UK controller pack instructions and they state that the folder should be unzipped into "Unzip this ZIP archive directly into your EuroScope working directory. This is typically found at
… Documents\EuroScope\"

Yes so if you go ahead and do that then that should fix one of the issues.

Mike Jasinski
Just now, Sonny Nixon said:

Yes so if you go ahead and do that then that should fix one of the issues.

Thats where it is and always has been.

Sonny Nixon
Just now, Mike Jasinski said:

Thats where it is and always has been.

Are you able to screenshot the folder just so I can have a look?

Mike Jasinski
1 minute ago, Sonny Nixon said:

Are you able to screenshot the folder just so I can have a look?

747a4fed9320089ec9b3644028fc8c3c.png

Sonny Nixon

Unsure if this will make a difference however coukd I suggest you reinstall the controller pack?

Mike Jasinski
Just now, Sonny Nixon said:

Unsure if this will make a difference however coukd I suggest you reinstall the controller pack?

I have done that to no avail 😞

Michael Pike

If the shortcut is missing/not working, I suggest you create a new one on your desktop. Go to the Euroscope.exe file in program files that you mentioned before. Right click on it and select Create Shortcut. It will probably say Can't create a shortcut here - place it on your desktop instead? - Answer Yes. (you want it on your desktop). Then find the shortcut on your desktop and right click - select Properties. You need to change the value in "Start in". It will say :"C:\Program Files (x86)\Euroscope" and that is the problem you are having.

Change it to C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Euroscope\ and click OK (You'll need to change this if your ES folder is somewhere else. It should be the folder where you installed the UK Controller Pack. Click on that to launch ES and it should find all the files.

Mike Jasinski

Brilliant. This has worked, albeit i have still lost my settings and have to reload plug-ins but at least things are headed in the right direction. Thank you for your help!