Sign in to follow this  
Simon Kelsey

pilot-training P3 Exam ATC Request - Sunday 20 Jan 1900Z

Simon Kelsey

Hi all,

I am conducting a P3 exam this Sunday evening 20th -- I and the candidate (possibly mainly I!) would appreciate some ATC to help make this a success.

We are routing Wycombe - Cranfield - Wycombe with a transit of the Luton Zone and some circuit work at Cranfield -- any or many of:

• Wycombe Tower
  • Luton/Essex Radar
  • Luton Tower
  • Cranfield Tower

Would be very well received.

Launching probably by about 1930Z.

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian Wheeler

Wycombe Tower booked, should be able to stay for the whole time so if I have time i'll jump on cranfield as well

Adam Turner

Luton Tower booked from 1900Z to 2100Z!

Simon Kelsey

Thank you very much for this evening @Sebastian Wheelerand @Adam Turner -- didn't spot who it was on Essex Radar but brilliant stuff from all -- great to have effectively full ATC and you will be pleased to know that @Usama Ahmed passed with flying colours!

Usama Ahmed

I would like to thank all of the controllers that were covering High Wycombe, Luton ADC and Essex Radar this evening that was much appreciated. ATC really helped to make this exam a success! 🙂 

Edited by Usama Ahmed

Adam Turner
29 minutes ago, Simon Kelsey said:

Thank you very much for this evening @Sebastian Wheelerand @Adam Turner -- didn't spot who it was on Essex Radar but brilliant stuff from all -- great to have effectively full ATC and you will be pleased to know that @Usama Ahmed passed with flying colours!

It was @Jack Lethbridge on Essex!

Jack Lethbridge

No problem, glad I could help.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Tristan Garratt
      By Tristan Garratt
      Fixed it myself
    • Nick Szewciw
      By Nick Szewciw
      Hi Guys, 
      I've recently started flying on the Vatsim network and I'm really enjoying it. I have very limited knowledge of how to actually fly the aircraft and what the different ways to approach/land etc are, so I thought it a good Idea to check out the Pilot ratings. I have completed the online P1 course, but I am unsure as to how to progress onto the P2. In the CTS it says I have completed the P1 Theory but my rating is too low to start the P2? I am in the Pilots group with Mathew Wilson as the group manager but i cant easily see what I am meant to do next. I have downloaded the P2 training documents folder and I've just been sat here trying to work it out with no luck.
      I also have an interest in learning to become an ATC, and the CTS says I can take the S1 theory exam, is that what I need to do to begin my training for ATC? If I click "Choose home" it gives me the option to join "TG New Controller" and transfer to "observer training" is that the next step for ATC before or after the S1 Theory?

Sorry for all the questions, I did have a browse for answers to previously asked questions but didn't quite get the answers I needed.

Cheers
      NIck

• Isaac Dunn
      By Isaac Dunn
      Does anybody know when the line of P1 candidates waiting to be assessed, will be? There seems to be a shortage of examiners...
    • Chris Boyle
      By Chris Boyle
      Firstly a huge thank you to everyone involved in creating the new Flight Training Exercises system. I know it's been a long time coming, it looks very well put together and I'm sure it'll be both fun and educational for a lot of pilots.
      Sadly with my current setup of X-Plane on Linux I can't join them, as the smartCARS software "does not support Linux at this time" (statement from developer).
      I just wondered if anyone has had any success working around this, while keeping the sim itself on Linux and outside of WINE? I know smartCARS supports X-Plane on Windows, via XPUIPC (which itself is Windows-only) - so perhaps if XPUIPC or similar could be persuaded to read X-Plane's network-exported data rather than being a plugin? Long shot, I know.
      Otherwise, I guess I can still follow along the same routes, just without the tracking / score-keeping. And of course EuroScope runs perfectly under WINE so I can always control. :-)
    • Anthony Michael
      By Anthony Michael
      Hello!
      I was wondering where could I sign up for pilot training? This seems like a really cool feature that I would be willing to use. I know how to fly the plane, its just that I struggle with atc communication sometimes. If I could somehow sign up for the pilot training that would be awesome!