Richard Keen

Aerosoft Airbus (32bit FSX version) route problem

Richard Keen

Hi all

i normally use the Airbus Pro in P3D4 but yesterday i did a flight from EGPH to EGKK using the FSX version as i dont have the UK2000 EGPH yet ....i ran into a route problem from MID to HOLLY (1803 data) in that the Airbus didnt go direct to Holly but a point slightly to the right of it .. so much so the LON controller said im not going dir to HOLLY and gave me a heading to set me up for 08R, i had set up a hold as i was told there maybe an emergency at EGKK so im wondering if the Airbus flew that route to get a better entry from HOLLY to WILLO, i didnt get a screen shot but i did a quick LL to KK flight to see if it happened again and it did so heres the pic ...... has any one else seen this with the 32bit AS Airbus?..as you can see in the pic its routing to the right of HOLLY for some reason.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Richard Keen

Harry Cameron

It looks like it's doing that to allow for the continuation to WILLO, probably just Aerosoft and their quite poor simulation of the A320 family

Connor Faulder

What happens if you press the overfly button and select HOLLY?

Jack Limb

It’s giving you the turn it requires for HOLLY to WILLO as a direct heading between the two.

Richard Keen
35 minutes ago, Jack Limb said:

It’s giving you the turn it requires for HOLLY to WILLO as a direct heading between the two.

Yeah thats what i thought , just that LON was saying i was off route toward HOLLY and supose it would look like it on the scope.

On 03/01/2019 at 23:02, Connor Faulder said:

What happens if you press the overfly button and select HOLLY?

already had the triangle for HOLLY as a fly over waypoint.

Jack Limb

The only way to counteract this, take control of heading select and head towards HOLLY. All you can do really Richard.

Fraser Cooper

I believe that the route you have there is intentional. It sets you up to route HOLLY - WILLO to hold.

You should be able to override this by manually doing a direct to HOLLY, or by removing WILLO.

At the end of the day, if it not doing what you want, revert to raw modes and use a heading to point you at HOLLY.

Harry Sugden
59 minutes ago, Fraser Cooper said:

I believe that the route you have there is intentional. It sets you up to route HOLLY - WILLO to hold.

It does look it! But I get this problem too, and if you look at the chart it’s not quite what the aircraft is supposed to do...

But then I’m told on the daily I should upgrade my PC, update my sim and get the FSLabs 😄 My solution is heading select for now...