Darren Hill

X-Plane on Low-End hardware

Darren Hill

Hello Gents and Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with running X-Plane on older, low-end hardware such as a 2nd or 3rd generation i3/i5/i7? I'm looking to upgrade from my Core2 Duo system and upgrade to where X-Plane 11 is playable. I currently have a GTX750TI from Palit, which seems decent enough to run X-Plane 11.

Regards,

Darren.

Richard Keen

All i can say is give the demo a try and see how it runs ,.... you get about 10-15 mins around the KSEA area so more then enough to depart and fly around the city for a bit testing settings

Connor Faulder

^ What Richard said. Try the demo.

If X-Plane is struggling to render at a reasonable rate, it essentially shows down in-game time. If this happens, you'll want to try turning down settings else you'll be moving at snail's pace relative to other VATSIM aircraft.

I ran X-Plane 10 on an i5 2500k (overclocked to 4.5 GHz) with a GTX 660 and 8GB of RAM for a while and it was certainly useable with some compromises. I'm not sure how it compares to X-Plane 11 but, like I say, give it a try.

Jason Warrener

Darren

When you run the demo make sure you switch on the frame rate counter. I believe you need to be achieving at least 20 fps, preferably 25. If it is less and you plan to fly on VATSIM the sim will slow down the simulation speed and you won't be thanked by the controllers as your 737 will start travelling at 80kts!

Enjoy Xplane. 😁