Jonas Hey

atc-discussion [RESIGNATION] Jonas Hey

Jonas Hey

Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have taken the decision to leave my role as TG2 TGI, it has been a long road to get the TG to where it is today with the S2 waiting list down to nothing and the S3 list moving like never before. This decision has not been easy but I feel it would be hard for me to continue in the role due to the loss of a large proportion of the team that I have been working with over the past year and certain decisions made in upper management.

Ever since joining the department in March, TG2 has gone from strength to strength, 31 committed and valued mentors have joined the team and 45 students have passed exams  in TG2 alone during the 11 months of my tenure. I have full trust that @Lee Roberts will be able to continue this exponential growth which has been seen not only in TG2 but TG1 as well thanks to the collaboration between myself and @Jamie Paine.

Thanks to all the mentors (you know who you are), students and other members of the staff team for playing such a big role in the division. Special thanks to @Luke Collister and @Charlie Watson for helping me along the way. 

Wish everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Kind Regards,

J

Thomas Hallam

OMG why?!?!?!!!!!!!?!??!?!

Matthew Wilson

Jonas

While I have not had too much dealings with you, I have always considered you to be one of the most active and hard working TGI's in the Division. It is certainly sad when someone like yourself decides to resign. I wish you well for the future.

Regards

Edited by Matthew Wilson
changed wording

Louie Lister

Another one bites the dust..

Jonas, it has been a pleasure working with you on what was the Essex team and trying to bring Essex back to life. This is a massive loss to the division and only one can hope that someone else with the same amount of enthusiasm fills in your role to keep the TG up to a good standard!

Thank you for all your commitment and hard work during my S3 training.

Don’t be a stranger! Maybe a quick trip to Rovaniemi? 

It’s been fun,

Louie 🇬🇱

Tom Szczypinski

Thanks Jonas for everything, it was great working alongside you as a mentor and friend. You will definitely be missed in the TG.

Time for some more Norwegian flights... 🇳🇴🇳🇴

George Peppard

Another huge loss.

Your contributions to the division have been endless - thank you so much. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do in the future - (don't crash too many planes on LON_N 😉).

Louie Lister
Just now, Tom Szczypinski said:

Thanks Jonas for everything, it was great working alongside you as a mentor and friend. You will definitely be missed in the TG.

Time for some more Norwegian flights... 🇳🇴🇳🇴

Maybe time for a new VA? 😉

Oliver Rhodes

Whilst the success of an organisation comes down, of course, to all of its members, a more than cursory glance often tends to reveal some outstanding contributors. Through your sheer tenacity, the contribution you have made has been nothing short of outstanding, and has been one of (if not the) main factors in the tremendous improvement seen in TG2 and the division in the whole, helping to lay the foundations for instructors and mentors in years to come.

Thank you for an exceptional contribution to mentoring in VATSIM UK, and all the best for the future!

Fergus Walsh

Jonas, thank you for your help towards me. I wouldn't be a mentor without your support. Thanks also for your determination regarding mentoring and shaping TG2 in a great way.

Fergus

Andrew Macleod

Spent so much time and effort in TG2 and the division as a whole.

Thanks a lot mate!

Jamie Paine

Jonas,

It has been great working with you on improvements in TG1 & TG2. Hopefully can free up some more time for us to do some flying/controlling.😉

Luke Mullen

Thanks a lot Jonas for everything you've done over this year - mentoring me on east mids way back at the start of the year, doing my OTS to become a TG2 mentor, and also the LL mentoring. If it wasn't for you I'd still be in TG1! ... lol

And yeah, good luck with your C1 training!

Sonny Nixon

Wow Jonas,

Thats such a shock to me, thank you for everything you have done for me and your hard work within TG2. It has been great meeting you and getting to know you as a friend. I am sure I wil have a trip down to Derby sooner rather tha later!

All the best and good luck in the future!

Sonny 🇳🇴🇳🇴

Lee Roberts

Jonas,

Its been an absolute pleasure working with you and you will be missed by many people. Your hard work and dedication has only been proven by the results that you have helped us achieve over the last year! I intend to keep building on all the great work you have done for TG2.

Don't be a stranger!

Oliver Gates

Jonas,

I think it’s safe to say that there are few mentors or staff members who have given up as much time as you have.

Thank you, and I’m glad that you finally gave in to my persuasion to control at Heathrow.

#RAT

Trevor Hannant

Jonas, thanks for the huge investment in your time you've given the Division over the past number of months and for the push you've given TG2.

Hopefully I'll still be seeing your name showing up as online on VATSpy more often than it already is!

Charlie Watson

Good stuff Jonas, you did an excellent job in TG2. 

James Bayliss-de Gruchy

Well Done Jonas, You've done an amazing Job. Thank you for everything 

Harry Sugden

Congrats Jonas on what you've achieved for TG2 - enjoy a break, but don't disappear! 😛 

Tom Sirett

Sad to see you go, Jonas, you've done an amazing job in TG2 😄

Hope to still see you around!

Edited by Tom Sirett