Loui Ringer

atc-software Behind The Scope Update

Loui Ringer

Good afternoon, 

As most of you know we used to run a controller Live Stream series called "Behind The Scope", this is where controllers would live stream on our YouTube channel. We are bringing this series back tomorrow night (2nd December) at 1800z. The plan is to run this every two weeks between 1800z and 2100z on Sunday evenings with around 2 or 3 controllers streaming in that slot. If you would like to stream, please get in touch by sending a ticket to marketing.*We have enough controllers for tomorrow*

Members wishing to stream must be:

S2 rated or higher;
A UK home member in good standing.
To ensure that the streams are of sufficient technical quality, members wishing to stream should also ensure the following:

Access to an UPLOAD speed of at least 2500 Kbps (2.5Mbps) - test my speed;
Hardware capable of streaming 720p at 30FPS.

Please feel free to ask any questions below.

Harrison Grose

Do we absolutely have to be S2 or higher...? I've done a couple of Vatsim streams on my channel... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQpbcIq2pmJ7l93MzTfleog

Alex Ashley
7 hours ago, Harrison Grose said:

Do we absolutely have to be S2 or higher...? I've done a couple of Vatsim streams on my channel... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQpbcIq2pmJ7l93MzTfleog

When we originally decided on this requirement, it was because Behind the Scope is not just about showing what your controlling, but also to some extent explaining why you are doing what you do. As Loui has alluded to, S1 is not competency based which means Marketing has absolutely no idea how skilled you are as a controller - whereas those with an S2 will meet a certain threshold and more importantly be beginning to develop skills on being more independent with their decisions. 🙂

Harrison Grose
21 hours ago, Alex Ashley said:

When we originally decided on this requirement, it was because Behind the Scope is not just about showing what your controlling, but also to some extent explaining why you are doing what you do. As Loui has alluded to, S1 is not competency based which means Marketing has absolutely no idea how skilled you are as a controller - whereas those with an S2 will meet a certain threshold and more importantly be beginning to develop skills on being more independent with their decisions. 🙂

I see. Fair enough!

Loui Ringer

A reminder that we are still looking for members to live stream, feel free to drop me a slack message or email me: loui.ringer@vatsim.uk