James van Hankins

Anyone have any experience using shadow.tech for their gaming rig?

James van Hankins

Hi all

I got served an ad about shadow.tech last week (https://shadow.tech) - it's selling itself as a high end gaming rig in the cloud so, as long as you have a decent connection, you can run your games on a very high spec machine with "very low latency". It's selling at £26.95 per month.

I just wondered if anyone had tried running FSX / P3D on something like that?

My computer is running FSX ok - I really want to start running P3Dv4 but I get really juddery graphics when flying the FSLabs A320.

Anyway - I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had tried it out? :)

Thanks

Jamie

Harry Cameron

@Alex Metcalfe knows quite a bit about Shadow Tech.

The one thing I would say though is stay away from that stuff. At the end of the day you're effectively trusting your internet connection to be able to use your PC, which in my eyes seems a bit foolish

Alex Metcalfe

Hi James, I purchased shadow tech with a 1TB storage, if you have a good internet connection, I cannot tell it is being streamed, it gives you a Windows ten desktop, good proccesor and GTx 1080, it is amazing and generally runs p3dv4 with all my adding fly Tampa around 45 FPS, it bew me away, defo worth it in my opinion, I have an Ethernet and it's amazing.

Edited by Alex Metcalfe

James van Hankins

Thanks Alex.

My internet connection is pretty stable so I’m thinking maybe this is the way to go. 

Were there any setup quirks or was it pretty straight forward?

Thanks again!

Jamie