Jack Limb

Joystick Calibrated - Still banking right with GA only

Jack Limb

Hello people,

I have attached some pictures to help explain the problem. My problem being, with aileron trim centered, my joystick calibrated and even the null zones all the same for elevation, throttle and rudder and they are all working fine, when i send my joystick to the centre so its fixed without me even touching it, my plane banks to the right and it is so annoying. 

Picture 1= I'm having to apply a small amount of left aileron myself to keep the wings level (which is fine, you probs have to do this in real life to compensate for wind)

http://prntscr.com/lkb5fl

Picture 2= I let go of the joystick and the aircraft (PA28 Just Flight) just banks to the right, quite steeply, all by itself (and the yoke is in the middle!)

http://prntscr.com/lkb5s8

Picture 3= Eventually, it crashes if I don't turn left

http://prntscr.com/lkb63a

Please help! I really need to get this sorted for any chance of completing the P2 course and flying normal GA.

Jack Limb (P3D V4.3)

Edited by Jack Limb

Harry Cameron

I would assume it's a bug with the aircraft seeing as the yoke is centered yet the aircraft is banking right, I would recommend contacting JustFlight support and see what they have to say

Simon Kelsey

As a test -- what happens if you set the aircraft up on autopilot in straight and level flight, unplug completely all your flight controls, and then disengage the autopilot?

That would confirm whether the issue is coming from your controls or the aircraft itself.

Harry Cameron
1 minute ago, Simon Kelsey said:

As a test -- what happens if you set the aircraft up on autopilot in straight and level flight, unplug completely all your flight controls, and then disengage the autopilot?

That would confirm whether the issue is coming from your controls or the aircraft itself.

Either that or fly with the good old mouse yoke 😉

Jack Limb
2 minutes ago, Simon Kelsey said:

I'll try again in 45 minutes 🙂 And give an update 🙂

Jack Limb

@Simon Kelsey 

So I put autoflight on, stable heading and altitude, unplugged my joystick, took autopilot off and it banked on its own.

But it banked left this time not right. Both situations were at Liverpool, and the wind hadn't changed much, a knot or two.

I'm so confused, and its really annoying. I cannot hand fly it properly. I have filed a ticket to Just Flight support too.

Edited by Jack Limb

Richard Keen

Are you switching Tanks every 15-20 mins  (i think it is) ? with the JF Arrow you need to switch tanks every so often but you can set this up to happen automatic in the options .

Edited by Richard Keen

Richard Keen

Also i see you are using Active Sky  , the JF PA28 (to me anyway) is a bit sensitive to Turbulance .. turn it down to about 20-30 , that might help too

Edited by Richard Keen

Jack Limb

Thanks very much Richard!

I’ll try that in my next p2 session.

Switching tanks is cool. I use the right hand side of the clock for the right tank and the left hand side of a clock for the left tank as a guidance