Sign in to follow this  
Glyn Davies

atc-discussion EGCC - Frequency Change

Glyn Davies

Hi.

As the Frequencies have changed slightly at EGCC e.g Tower was 118.625 now 118.630

Are we reflecting this when we sign on as a controller??

Thanks

Lee Roberts

As with many frequencies that have gone to 8.33Khz spacing VATSIM does not support this and we tend to stick with the closest available frequency.

Glyn Davies

OK. So i presume we are staying with the 'Old' frequencies.

Thanks

Fergus Walsh
8 hours ago, Glyn Davies said:

OK. So i presume we are staying with the 'Old' frequencies.

Thanks

Correct

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• James Taylor
      By James Taylor
      Hi all,
      Im looking to upgrade my headset, has anyone got any personal recommendations, many thanks in advance
      James
    • Jonas Hey
      By Jonas Hey
      Hi all,
      It is with great sadness that I have taken the decision to leave my role as TG2 TGI, it has been a long road to get the TG to where it is today with the S2 waiting list down to nothing and the S3 list moving like never before. This decision has not been easy but I feel it would be hard for me to continue in the role due to the loss of a large proportion of the team that I have been working with over the past year and certain decisions made in upper management.
      Ever since joining the department in March, TG2 has gone from strength to strength, 31 committed and valued mentors have joined the team and 45 students have passed exams  in TG2 alone during the 11 months of my tenure. I have full trust that @Lee Roberts will be able to continue this exponential growth which has been seen not only in TG2 but TG1 as well thanks to the collaboration between myself and @Jamie Paine.
      Thanks to all the mentors (you know who you are), students and other members of the staff team for playing such a big role in the division. Special thanks to @Luke Collister and @Charlie Watson for helping me along the way. 
      Wish everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Kind Regards,
      J
    • George Wright
      By George Wright
      Hi all, here is the plan for London and Scottish Control for CTP. A diagram is available at https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1OGolnZEqO5_Yg9BmbxFZbwqtfnk-Pl3WtnFVS7afSDA/edit?usp=sharing.
      All London and Scottish sectors to be used are standard and as per the current sector file. 
      We have four tracks for event traffic - R (GOMUP), T (PIKIL), X (MALOT) and Y (LIMRI). The non-event tracks will be in the middle - U (RESNO) and W (DOGAL). Westbound transfers to Shannon domestic will be to 131.150 above FL245"  Westbound traffic going via BAGSO and LIPGO above FL245 should be to 125.870 and between BAKUR and LEDGO is 131.150 and then south of LEDGO is 135.600.

Scottish
      Scottish will split East/West. Please split West + DCS (133.200) from the bandbox sector. LSZH and EHAM traffic will overfly on separate routes to LONAM and TOPPA respectively. EDDF traffic will overfly the short distance via IOM. There are three routes for EGCC - one will route via IOM to MIRSI, the other two will converge on DCS and will need to be merged for arrival into ROSUN. This is the only planned convergence. 

North
      North will split AC/TMA initially. If we have spare controllers on the day we can consider splitting the TMA again. AC North will handle overflying traffic for LSZH, EDDF and EHMA via LAMSO. It will also handle a short route for EHAM via DEXEN going to Central. All EGCC traffic will route UNDER AC North as per the usual agreements.  The North Sea sector will be split from AC North at select moments. Details here.
      TMA will handle arrivals into Manchester from three directions: LIFFY, IOM and DCS. The LIFFY and IOM traffic will converge on WAL for MIRSI. TMA is going to be very busy and will be handling all three stacks, so this will be the priority to split if we have the extra manpower. 

West
      West will handle two streams of overflying traffic: a small amount of LSZH arrivals routing STU to CPT and a full track of traffic crossing the short distance from LEDGO to ANNET. We are expecting non-event traffic to mostly use the routes via West, so expect additional London arrivals. This will remain as one position for the day.

South/Central
      South and Central have some CTP traffic but nothing major. There will be some EHAM arrivals routing via HON-REDFA and some LSZH arrivals routing CPT-MOTOX. The main traffic expected will be non-event traffic using the London airports to connect to EGCC/EHAM. This traffic could be quite significant especially in the Daventry and Clacton sectors. We will decide on the day how to split but South/Central will be at least two sectors, perhaps three if staffing permits. 

The rosters will be out soon.
      Good luck everyone!
    • Edward Berkley
      By Edward Berkley
      Hello guys,
      I've was controlling Manchester Ground recently and a pilot informed me that the NATS website has posted some incorrect charts for the aerodrome: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-2802534C6AB6A0F20B85CF9B0216B244/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGCC_2-1_en_2018-10-11.pdf
      The main difference is the taxiway names. Holding points J1 is now R1, M1 is R2, H1 is R3 etc. 
      Is Manchester Airport in real life still using the old taxiways? Do they actually plan to change the names of the taxiways soon? 
      Edward