Andrew McCabe

atc-software Help with Euroscope setup

Andrew McCabe

I am looking for a bit of help getting my Euroscope setup again.  I did my ATC training on Vatsim years ago and when I say that I mean I did my initial training on ASRC and then VRC !   I did get Euroscope set up when it came out and did a bit of controlling, but in recent years this has been logging on periodically during the day, but not surprisingly very little traffic if any.  Anyway, every winter I tell myself I should try and get back into it.  So here I am again.  Simon Irvine will be fed up hearing this from me 😉    .

Reinstalled everything on a new PC recently and I think I have the UK pack all installed correctly.  So I was planning just listening in for a while before I go any further, but I have hit on a problem.  Although my ES  hardware set up is set for my USB headset, when I listen to a frequency the audio starts on the headset, but immediately changes to the speakers.  I've gone through my settings again and again and cannot sea any reason why this would happen.    Can anyone assist ?     If I can get things sorted and do a bit of observing, I'll maybe take the plunge again.

Edited by Andrew McCabe

Joe Burberry

Sounds like you are doing the same as me! (just starting to control again myself)

Euroscope offers so much more to a controller than VRC or ASRC did, I'm enjoying using it.

With regards to the speakers, I find when I listen to frequencies rather than controlling it comes out of the speakers, but when I control it does come out of the headset.

Joseph

Connor Faulder

I'm not sure how you've set up the hardware in the Voice Communications Setup window, but the primary output is used for your primary frequency when logged on as a controller, and the secondary output is used for any frequencies you monitor or listen to.

Andrew McCabe
4 hours ago, Connor Faulder said:

I'm not sure how you've set up the hardware in the Voice Communications Setup window, but the primary output is used for your primary frequency when logged on as a controller, and the secondary output is used for any frequencies you monitor or listen to.

Thanks.   That seems to have been the issue.  I changed the selected devices to ensure only the secondary output was routed to the headset and it works.