Sign in to follow this  
Martin Tornberg

event - fly-in [15 Dec, 17-23z] Fly and See Santa 2018

Martin Tornberg

Fly-and-See-Santa-2018.jpg

On Saturday 15 December from 17-23z VATSIM-Scandinavia invites you for this year's edition of Fly and See Santa. Apart from staffing Tromsø (ENTC) and Rovaniemi (EFRO) for the evening we are also introducing a new airport, Kiruna (ESNQ) which we hope you will enjoy visiting as well.

Since this event attracts a fair amount of pilots we highly recommend you to bring a lot of holding fuel. Don't forget your favorite bevarage and candy onboard since it will most likely be a long night for you.

Make sure you DO NOT take advantage of the Free Route Airspace, DO NOT file any DCT routings. Due to the excess traffic on some airways you might get rerouted to optimise the traffic flow. Make sure you are familiar to reprogram your aircraft accordingly.

Visit our Santa Web for pilot briefing, charts and scenery suggestion to make your visit to the north as enjoyable as possible.

VATSIM-Scandinavia hope you will enjoy this year's Fly and See Santa.

Santa Web

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Martin Tornberg

Trevor Hannant

Controllers, early heads up - as the above date gets closer, we will be looking to roster a few positions (particularly Area) to help stream traffic out of the UK. 

If you’re not looking to fly for the event, please keep an eye out at the beginning of December for the Expression of Interest post(s).

Stuart Duncan

One of my favourite events of the year.  Can't wait to hold!

Edited by Stuart Duncan

Joe Burberry

For once I am off for this one!!

Have always enjoyed this event.

Joe

Celestyn Chmielewski
On 07/11/2018 at 13:37, Joe Burberry said:

For once I am off for this one!!

I wish I could say same thing! Can't find out what I am doing on that weekend until 1 week before!

Joe Burberry
48 minutes ago, Celestyn Chmielewski said:

I wish I could say same thing! Can't find out what I am doing on that weekend until 1 week before!

Thats fine... no slots required, just keep your fingers crossed!! 🤞🤞

Martin Tornberg

Hi Stuart, I will check if there is a link that's working. Thanks for reporting it. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Marc Eijkens
      By Marc Eijkens
      On Friday, November 23rd the Dutch VACC presents another edition of our famous Friday Night Fly-in, the event in form of a real operations night at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (EHAM). The purpose of this event is to create an ultra realistic traffic scenario by simulating all real world Friday night movements at Schiphol Airport between 18:00 and 22:30 UTC.
        Pilots are kindly requested to book their flights using our booking system. Please use the listed aircraft types and stick to the timetable as good as you can. It is permitted to book more than 1 flight, but a reasonable turn-around time should be taken into account. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol!
    • Jonas Kuster
      By Jonas Kuster
      Welcome to the Zurich Night, the weekly onlineday of Switzerlands major airport! Every Tuesday from 1830z to 2130z, expect full staffing, professional and friendly ATC service and plenty of traffic.
      Enjoy one of total 4 IFR approaches or get yourself a spot as a small VFR aircraft between the big birds. VFR flights are still performed regularly despite the airport's size. This makes flying VFR to/from Zurich extremely interesting, but it's also a huge challenge which requires careful preparation. A lot of small airfields in the vicinity offer numerous possibilities for short VFR hops.
      Zurich is a unique airport with a lot of operational restrictions due to noise abatement and its challenging layout. We know it by heart and love this airport with all its rough edges. And we are sure you gonna love it as well!
      Join our frequencies every Tuesday evening and enjoy!

Airport information, Scenery & Charts
      LSZH - Zurich
      Routes
      Find valid routings on routes.vacc.ch.
      Still looking for a destination? We recommend Berlin Tegel (EDDT) and the Adria Region. Our colleagues there are online between 19z and 22z.

• Jonas Kuster
      By Jonas Kuster
      Michael Kühne will do his Radar CPT+ on Swiss Radar to earn his C3 rating.
      Fly through his airspace and give him some traffic.
      Good luck, Michael!
    • Bruno Audoux
      By Bruno Audoux
      18 August starting at 19:00z, it's time for Marcus to earn his S3 rating.
      For this we need your help with traffic throughout the evening. Take your favorite aircraft for a flight in French airspace, whether it's VFR or IFR join in for Marcus's challenge.
      Charts available here

• Jonas Kuster
      By Jonas Kuster
      Jacob Edwards will do his Tower CPT in Geneva to earn his S2 rating.
      Fly through his airspace and give him some traffic.
      Good luck, Jacob!