Nat Sacks

joystick thoughts

Nat Sacks

hey all

need to get a new JS.  not interested in a yolk or pedals but need a throttle quad.

I've looked at thrustmaster & saitek and reviews on YT and, as with everything on YT there's a review to say each is good and bad.

what are you all using/do you recommend?  

Lenny Colton

I use X52 Pro. Good for the price but if you don't care about different colours for lights/metal construction, get the bog standard X52. X55 and Warthog are generally both good but many people seem to prefer the Warthog.

Stuart Duncan

Hi Nat, long time no see mate.  Hope life's treating you well out there.

After more than a decade of abuse, my trust old Logitech Thrustmaster died a horrible death.  I replaced it with a cheapo JS from ebay and can't fault it.  Sadly, I think the company or the retailer are no longer trading as I can't find any links for you.

I also have 2 x Saitek 3 axis throttle quadrants and customise each axis and aircraft profile through FSUIPC. (gear, flaps, spoiler, throttle, prop pitch, etc)

S.

Bill Casey

I've been using a Thrustmaster T16000M for yonks. Solid, reliable, straightforward and, important to me cos I fly left handed, ambidextrous. That last point always limiting choice significantly.  It doesn't guarantee good landings though .

I trust all is well with you Nat? Not seen you in years!

Nat Sacks

Thanks all.  i had a thrustmaster hotas x (bit more plastic fantastic than the saiteks and others higher end thrustmasters) which has survived years of me trying to not land on the taxiways at brum.  Always liked it with throttle and nice number of buttons.  I'm put off by some of the higher end models by having too many hats and other stuff i wouldn't use.  

Will take a look around coupla shops this weekend and see if they have some on display to check out.

@Stuart Duncan & @Bill Casey - I'm doing well thanks.  Hope you're good too!