Lee Connolly

proposal Changing call signs without having to disconnect from the network

Lee Connolly

I wouldn't say this is just for the UK division for vatsim in general. I think It would be good if you were able to change your call sign (Pilots) without having to disconnect from the network, maybe an addon for pilot clients? 

Thanks 

Lee

Andy Ford

I imagine it would be a significant network-level change, well above the realms of VATSIM-UK.

Lee Connolly
1 minute ago, Andy Ford said:

I imagine it would be a significant network-level change, well above the realms of VATSIM-UK.

Ah ok, thanks anyway 😄

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Callum Calcutt
      By Callum Calcutt
      I love vatsim especially with the new codec coming however I don't want people to publicly see my name, can there be a way to hide it, its making me not want to use vatsim
    • Anastasios Mpithas
      By Anastasios Mpithas
      When Slack was first introduced it was a great app that enabled, and still enables all of the Vatsim UK members to have a chat, exchange opinions, organise flights and unwind.
      But I believe that Discord is now much better than Slack for text communications for the following reasons:
      Easier to access -most of the members and staff of Vatsim UK have a Discord account, new members are more likely to join Discord than Slack, because most people don't even know what Slack is The VATSIM.net official server for communications, and many other divisions are on Discord  Messages don't get deleted on Discord; If you need to find older messages on Slack you are out of luck Plenty of bots for easier moderation Much easier to implement something than Slack, it has a better API Roles can be useful for (new) members to identify staff and mentors Please respond with your opinion!
      Note: I am not talking about voice communications. This has been discussed already.
      The only downside that this move might have, will be the recustomisation of the bot that links Core-Slack, which I have no clue how hard it is to do.

• Thomas Hallam
      By Thomas Hallam
      In the Vatsim UK Teamspeak, I believe Yorkshire should get its own room, 
      Reasons for this:
      1. Because Yorkshire is the best.
      2. Its the biggest county
      3. Yorkshiremen will sit in the room and be very welcoming
      4. Yorkshire gives people the best cup of tea
      Get more reasons why at https://www.martinwoods.me.uk/what-yorkshire-gave-the-world/

• Henry Yandell
      By Henry Yandell
      I think it's sad how many small uk airports such as EGBP and EGBJ are never staffed. It's a shame because the cotswold are so beautiful for low and slow flying. So I think that there should be a hidden gems week because many of the small airport are hidden gems and It's sad how some airfields of uk heritage are forgotten
    • Craig Tomkins
      By Craig Tomkins
      Hi All,
      Back in 2012 we ran a Search and Rescue event on Vatsim based over the Irish Sea. The aim was simple, work in teams of max 4 (3 x heli 1 x single prop plane) locate a stricken ship that has lost communication and is in trouble. The location is unknown and you have 1 hour to locate the ship, land on the deck, evacuate the crew, grab the code and return to base. Once safely back, relay the code to the controller via text, first one back with the correct code wins the competition. 
      We are thinking of running the event again would like to know the interest. Could you take 5 mins to complete the survey below for us and we will communicate an event in 2017 if there is enough interest;
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R3C66VR
      We are also looking for the following to help:
      1. Controllers of EGGP, EGNH and EGNS willing to help.
      2. Any scenery designers - small work. 
      3. Judges - to make sure no one is cheating! 
      Thank you in advance and any questions . . . please message me