User Defined Symbols

Andrew Gransden

I have been looking under the bonnet at how to configure Euroscope. I was looking at how to improve the VRPs by use of bespoke Symbols. At present VRPs are simply defined as a string with an asterisk prefix (eg. *Cheddar Reservoir). I have looked at the symbology.txt definition file but manual additions seem to be overridden and the Symbols (aircraft, VOR, NDB, etc) appears to be fixed. Is there something I am missing? Is there such a thing as user defined symbols?

VRPs at Vatsim UK's sector file are on the freetext part of Euroscope. They are together with all the stand numbers/ holding points etc.

You can define symbols yourself via OTHER SET -> Symbology settings...

Select the symbol you want to edit from the dropdown list (picture below) and edit the text below the list to change the symbol you want to.

You would have to change the VRPs to NDBs/VORs in order to add a symbol next to them or draw a symbol on Google Earth next to the VRPs and add it to the GEO, which requires some Sector File knowledge.

image.png.613fd2d6a68e52ed14a499033a47c5f6.png

34 minutes ago, Anastasios Mpithas said:

Select the symbol you want to edit from the dropdown list (picture below) and edit the text below the list to change the symbol you want to.

Thank you. Are only the listed Symbols available or can you add to them? All the listed ones appear to have a definite use. These appear to be hard coded and not is any configuration file I can find. If you draw a symbol in Google Earth it will change size when you zoom in or out.