Raymond Smith

pilot-software VFR Comms - Voice Controlled

Raymond Smith

Hi

I've written a program that is aimed at VFR pilots, interfaces with vPilot and is voice controlled.

Its primary use is to generate text messages for while on Unicom based on users input and covers all phases of flight. The messages are then sent to vPilot.

Its secondary use is as a guide to what to say to online ATC at each stage of the flight.

All the commands are voice activated although there are buttons as a fallback.

The program is free and is available online as www.penray.co.uk, where there is an online manual and two tutorial videos showing its use for circuits and departures.

The software has been tested on Windows 10 64bt and .Net version 4.5.

I would welcome feedback on your experience so I can make it better.

Regards

Ray

Nathan Innes

Must say this is impressive, definitely using this a lot more :)

Raymond Smith
12 hours ago, Nathan Innes said:

Must say this is impressive, definitely using this a lot more 🙂

Good to hear.

Ray

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stephen Simpson
      By Stephen Simpson
      Hi folks, may be a silly question but is there a replacement sound anywhere for the unicom text service. Was concentrating on circuit work earlier and someone typed in unicom and I nearly jumped off my chair.
      Cheers
      Steve.
    • Izuchukwu Nnagozie
      By Izuchukwu Nnagozie
      Please who know the solution to it cause it's really annoying 2 minutes from when I login the error pops up
      Unfortunatly enough it's when the new codec has been realized I never had this problem till the new codec was realized 😭😭

please se if you know how to fix it don't hesitate to help out 
      tnx
    • Peter Dodds
      By Peter Dodds
      I recently switched from FSInn to vPilot and discovered that the model matching for the FSX family only looks in Simobjects\Airplanes.
      It should also look in Simobjects\Rotorcraft. Then I wouldn't see hovering 747s on the taxiways!
      Peter
    • Kieran Samuel Cross
      By Kieran Samuel Cross
      --PLS DELETE--
    • Richard Robarts
      By Richard Robarts
      I would like to practice navigation and ATC for both VFR and IFR with a view to possibly transitioning into real life general aviation flying in the south of England. I am wondering whether I should invest in some payware or possibly a new sim (xplane11).
      I prefer light aircraft both single and twins, but also am interested in flying SIDS and STARS using heavier aircraft to increase my knowledge.
      I already have FSX, Xplane 10, DCS world and Aerofly FS2
      FSX is probably the easiest to practice instrument flying with, I love that it can simulate any part of the world, and download real weather conditions with no problem, the issue is that it is quite bland looking and i am hesitant to spend money on scenery or aircraft because it is a long way behind the others in looks. I don't have a lot of time to spend downloading and configuring free scenery either, although I might be able to add a couple of items. Aerofly FS2 is fantastic in VR, but the flight models are limited and Vatsim is not supported. What would you recommend?