vats.im feedback link in controller ATIS

Harry Sugden

May I suggest that people append 'https://' before vats.im/atcfb, and that this be changed in the download also?

On vPilot at least, things don't remain highlighted so you can't copy the link into your browser, and it needs https:// before it recognises it as a link ? 

Oh maybe it does... ? In which case guess everyone who ever wants to leave feedback will have to type out vats.im/atcfb in their browser then! ? 

(What a hard life we lead...)

Edited by Harry Sugden

1 hour ago, Michael Pike said:

I've certainly clicked on other links in vpilot before now. So what's the secret?

Think you answered the question by saying that it's EuroScope that has an issue with https:// ??

4 hours ago, Michael Pike said:

I thought that was left out because ES treats the : as a special character and doesn't display anything after it...?

The : character is VATSIM's data delimiter - if you look at the VATSIM datafile, the controller and pilot data is delimited by :. I don't believe there is an escape character used in the datafile, so any : in the controller ATIS is treated as the end of the line ?

Edited by Andy Ford

On 22/08/2018 at 14:00, Harry Sugden said:

On vPilot at least, things don't remain highlighted so you can't copy the link into your browser

I could have sworn when you highlighted text in vPilot it automatically copies it into your clipboard? It's been a while since I've used vPilot though so perhaps that's not the case.

Edited by Tom Earl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Earl said:

I could have sworn when you highlighted text in vPilot it automatically copied it into your clipboard? It's been a while since I've used vPilot though so perhaps that's not the case.

WHAT A MADNESS! Had no idea! Cheers

• 3 months later...
Ian Oak-Rhind

I am keen to submit some feedback on a controller......but cannot find where to do it. I have tried : vats.im/atcfb.........but it does not take me to a site!?

Would appreciate some help please. Many thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Darren Mansell

i would just like to say that the controller covering EGLL on the 23 ‎February ‎2021 at 17:04 onwards, was not only covering literally the whole of the south but also validating departures and arrivals for EGLL and did a great and outstanding job, especially as it was really busy, even better than that i caught the whole thing,

https://youtu.be/jYvNrWlP470  

and deserved the praise

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Ian Chalmers

The EGCC approach controller 1422248 tonight was a touch argumentative after I pointed out that I couldn't achieve his descent rates or speeds after he intervened on a non ATC controlled descent. He requested a rate I couldn't meet even with speed-brakes out, 10 degrees of flap and undercarriage down. I had to carry out a go-around as I was much too high when intercepting the localiser. If a non ATC controlled descent is started then ATC should ask what speed/heights are achievable by the aircraft not expect a fighter type dive to the deck. My flight plan EDDF - EGCC at FL340 with ROSU2E STAR ILS23R was to cross GOLES at FL259 not be expected to cross GOLES at FL150 on a different approach ROSU1F which he instructed. Where there is no handover from CRZ down a descent, APPR controllers should accept the pre-programmed limitations or place an aircraft in a hold pattern till at an achievable descent altitude. He ruined my flight by an unrealistic intervention.

57 minutes ago, Ian Chalmers said:

The EGCC approach controller 1422248 tonight was a touch argumentative after I pointed out that I couldn't achieve his descent rates or speeds after he intervened on a non ATC controlled descent. He requested a rate I couldn't meet even with speed-brakes out, 10 degrees of flap and undercarriage down. I had to carry out a go-around as I was much too high when intercepting the localiser. If a non ATC controlled descent is started then ATC should ask what speed/heights are achievable by the aircraft not expect a fighter type dive to the deck. My flight plan EDDF - EGCC at FL340 with ROSU2E STAR ILS23R was to cross GOLES at FL259 not be expected to cross GOLES at FL150 on a different approach ROSU1F which he instructed. Where there is no handover from CRZ down a descent, APPR controllers should accept the pre-programmed limitations or place an aircraft in a hold pattern till at an achievable descent altitude. He ruined my flight by an unrealistic intervention.

Whilst this controller certainly shouldn't have lost his temper, please be aware that ROSUN2E is for low-level arrivals, with a restriction of FL80 (or below) at GOLES.

ROSUN1F and ROSUN1G are the correct arrivals from the east for most traffic, with FL170 at GOLES being a published restriction. Meeting this is necessary to ensure that a reasonable descent rate can be maintained for the remainder of the flight.

The controller's instructions were likely a response to your being almost 9000ft too high, however he perhaps neglected the possibility of instead instructing you to enter into a holding pattern at ROSUN, which would have allowed you to loose the excess altitude (at the expense of a short delay).

If you'd like to leave him feedback, you can do so at vats.im/atcfb

Screenshot_20210710-021812-247.png