EGBB error

Stuart Duncan

BB-NoLON.jpg.51c051a1d7832ded9e09d4ee103c5eb0.jpg

Hi,  I used to have a red line between EGBB and LON_C airspace.  LON_C is online.    Any ideas? Latest AIRAC, Sector file and controller pack.  

Shouldn't be any issues, since this was in the last release:

SECTORLINE:BBF33
DISPLAY:London AC Daventry:London AC Daventry:BBAPP
DISPLAY:BBAPP:London AC Daventry:BBAPP

Although the sector file has been updated with the correct frequency, I've just downloaded the latest controller pack and Data\Settings\Voice.txt still has BB RAD as 118.050 so presume that still connecting as this frequency which isn't matching the SCT/ESE files.  Looks as though need a controller pack update when changing frequencies in the SCT file.

Phillip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've experienced this issue as well, even with the latest pack and updates.  It also fails to allocate the active airport meaning the only way I can control any position at EGBB is to uncheck the box "Set active APT by owned sectors" and manually set the runways that are active for me.  I'm not sure if this is related to the 8.33 changes made recently as it worked fine until then.

The frequencies have changed recently - are you setting up a voice room for 123.950 (APP)? The old frequency won’t work anymore.

Edited by Harry Sugden

@Harry Sugden it turns out that the controller pack has the profiles for Birmingham set to 123.970 not 123.950.  Just out of interest, since Birmingham went to 8.33 and 123.970 is the closest to the rw frequency of 123.980 why are we using 123.950?  

According to the notes in the issue that was raised for the change of frequencies, 123.970 wasn't available for use although I don't see this in the sector file so not sure why.  I know a couple of frequencies were changed due to conflicts with European ones where ranges overlapped although I'm sure Chris will be able to clarify later.

EDIT:  Quick search and EHBK_APP is on 123.970 and is less than 300 miles away as the crow flies.   This would mean two APP controllers potentially overlapping on the same frequency if both used max vis range of 150 miles.

Edited by Trevor Hannant
  • Like 1