Heathrow construction area

Harry Sugden

Anyone else find the construction area around A annoying on VATSIM? Blocking off individual holds I suppose adds a bit of realism, but I think in a VATSIM environment I'd love my dear old PLUTO back!!!

EDIT: Though thinking about it, I suppose there is an argument in the fact that current charts will have this area blocked off with no indication of PLUTO...

f5421ae1e471210ab48147bbf7ae77f2.png

Edited by Harry Sugden
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harry Cameron said:

Something you could do is get heavies to taxi A, short K and slot them in behind mediums taxiing B to TITAN

Yes I think I can just about manage ? I'm more suggesting for convenience on a virtual network ? 

37 minutes ago, Harry Cameron said:

Something you could do is get heavies to taxi A, short K and slot them in behind mediums taxiing B to TITAN

You've also got WIP Alpha Between E and L11, it's a bit of a faff ?

• Like 2

Just quoting my reply from the Github issue:

Most of the pilots (including me) use the charts from the NATS website. I believe reusing PLUTO will cause delays and confusion, as pilots will be trying to find a holding point that doesn't exist on the AD chart.
On the other hand, some controllers may be confused aswell if a pilot reports that they can't find PLUTO on the chart.
And since R/T time is precious (especially on Heathrow), that change might cause even more probems.

2 hours ago, Anastasios Mpithas said:

Just quoting my reply from the Github issue:

Most of the pilots (including me) use the charts from the NATS website. I believe reusing PLUTO will cause delays and confusion, as pilots will be trying to find a holding point that doesn't exist on the AD chart.
On the other hand, some controllers may be confused aswell if a pilot reports that they can't find PLUTO on the chart.
And since R/T time is precious (especially on Heathrow), that change might cause even more probems.

Equally, it will be marked on addon scenery (and it's not that hard to say 'Right on A, hold at PLUTO'!)

11 hours ago, Anastasios Mpithas said:

Most of the pilots (including me) use the charts from the NATS website

You'd be surprised...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

You'd be surprised...

You're completely right, I was unclear! I meant the pilots using charts, and updated scenery?

9 hours ago, Alex Ashley said:

Equally, it will be marked on addon scenery (and it's not that hard to say 'Right on A, hold at PLUTO'!)

I never said it will be hard, using PLUTO will undoubtedly help the controller! However, the pilots using charts (and have little expeience on LL), may get confused and ask ATC to repeat instructions,  send them PMs like 'Where is PLUTO, I can't find it on the chart?'. That's what I meant. ?

Adds to realism, and if "as real as it gets" means having to taxi people around a construction area for a while then so be it in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Peppard said:

Adds to realism, and if "as real as it gets" means having to taxi people around a construction area for a while then so be it in my opinion.

I did the same last year when NB2E was closed.

1 hour ago, Harry Cameron said:

Anyone know when the construction work is due to finish?

I don't believe they have given a date - it's just marked as "until further notice" on documentation.