Stephen Fullam

S1 Training?

Stephen Fullam

Hello, I have completed all my theory training on Moodle but I can not sit the exam. I believe this is because I have not attended the OBS_PT1 group session. Do I have to attend this session before I can start my mentoring/training? Thank you

Tom Szczypinski

Yes Stephen, you will need to attend an OBS Part 1 before starting your training.

Stephen Fullam
5 minutes ago, Tom Szczypinski said:

Yes Stephen, you will need to attend an OBS Part 1 before starting your training.

Thank you, do you know when the next one will be or how to reserve a place?

Tom Szczypinski

There aren't any scheduled at the moment, and you will get an email once you are eligible for one. Please note that we have a big waiting list, so a place is not always guaranteed. It's useful to always be on TeamSpeak when there is being one run, as many people don't show up, and we can fill empty spaces that way.

Stephen Fullam
2 minutes ago, Tom Szczypinski said:

There aren't any scheduled at the moment, and you will get an email once you are eligible for one. Please note that we have a big waiting list, so a place is not always guaranteed. It's useful to always be on TeamSpeak when there is being one run, as many people don't show up, and we can fill empty spaces that way.

Thank you

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jamie Paine
      By Jamie Paine
      Evening all,
      There will be an exam on Luton Tower (EGGW_TWR) starting around 1800z. We need a good mix of IFR arrivals and departures as well as a small amount of VFR traffic to help the candidate.
      Please see these notes for Pilots if you are planning to fly in and as usual no funny business without permission of EGGW_X_TWR.
      Good luck to the candidate!
    • Simon Irvine
      By Simon Irvine
      There will be an exam on Manchester Radar on Friday starting at 1930 local.
      We need as many inbounds as possible to make the exam a success.
      Manchester Tower is already booked, but a London North or PC West would be really helpful.
      Hope to see you there!
    • Oliver Gates
      By Oliver Gates
      There will be a practical examination on Liverpool Tower (EGGP_TWR) on Sunday 7th June starting at 1800z (1900 local). Several IFR departures and arrivals, alongside a small amount of VFR traffic, will be necessary in order to ensure that the exam is successful. The provision of adjacent ATC would also be beneficial.
      Pilots should refer to the Guidance for Pilots information before flying. If in doubt, please send a message to EGGP_X_TWR.
      Please join me in wishing the candidate good luck.
    • Callum Axon
      By Callum Axon
      All,
      There will be a practical examination on Luton Tower (EGGW_TWR) on Monday 8th June starting at 1730z (1830 local). Several IFR departures and arrivals, alongside a small amount of VFR traffic, will be necessary in order to ensure that the exam is successful. The provision of adjacent ATC would also be beneficial, but please leave positions such ad GND & DEL vacant.
      Pilots should refer to the Guidance for Pilots information before flying. If in doubt, please send a message to EGGW_X_TWR.
      Please join me in wishing the candidate good luck.
      The only question which remains - will you require backtrack?
    • Phillip Speer
      By Phillip Speer
      There will be an exam on Manchester Tower (EGCC_TWR) on Saturday 6th June from 1900-2030Z (2000-2130 local).  We need a good mix of IFR arrivals and departures as well as a small amount of VFR traffic to help the candidate.

Being a Tower exam, we need all underlying positions to be kept free, however, Radar and area support would be appreciated.

You may wish to read this helpful guidance for pilots before you fly in to work out what best to do to support the exam.

Good Luck to the candidate.

Phillip